Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Fishing Report Clubs - LIMITED MEMBERSHIP - Join Today - FREE   01/24/2018

Fishing Minnesota had added a new menu item (see above) called Fishing Report Clubs. It's a way to keep the really good fishing reports coming and being shared only with those who also provide detailed fishing reports. We will only approve new members who request to join if they have already posted a recent fishing report in the area forum, associated with the Fishing Report Club area  you want to join. We are going to limit the number of regular memberships, in the Fishing Report Clubs, to the top 20  members in each Club, to those with the best frequency and quality fishing reports provided in the club and less so in the regular fishing report forum open to all members. The higher quality fishing report reserved for the club of course. If  you want fishing reports  around your area, I would Join Now, some of the clubs are starting to fill fast. Use the Fishing Reports Club link in the Menu above (after you've posted a fishing report in the regular area forum) and request to Join.
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

Crappie Getter, when can you get out to the Croix?

Just wondering. I have never fished it in the winter and I need a guide. Post a reply and let me know when would be a good time to hook up. Early Feb. might work depending on what day. Let me know. Would love to hit some decent slabs. THANKS

crappie getter

Jnam88,
I won't be able to hit the croix for a couple of weeks probebly around feb.11th?Heading up to Red Lake and Mille lacs for 4 days sat. night.The bite gets pretty good on the croix end of feb and march.I'll look for you on the forum around the 10th if I can get out.I'll share info catch them when you can!!
stop wishin and start fishin!!

O.K. Crappie Getter, Will do. I'll leave a post when I know something more definate.
Hope to see you out there.

crappie getter

jnam 88,
I still haven't been able to get out on the croix yet.Mille Lacs has been to hot to pass up yet!!Some of the best ice fishing is after they pull houses off at the end of the month and into march before ice gets bad!!
I'll keep in touch in the next couple of weeks!
GOOD LUCK!

Ferny

Man the bite on Mille sounds too good to be true! A co-worker was up there on Saturday and they got 2 perch and a pout out of Flagship! Sounds like my luck!
Another co-worker was on the Croix across from Bayport and got 1 11.5" slab and 1 dink. He said they'd come up and look then leave!
Don't wait to fish the Croix, there are plenty of shacks out of the Wisconsin side across from Bayport. Go to Hudson take a left (West) at Tom Thumb then a right (I think?) at the power transformers and go down to the river. people are driving but not this guy I'm chicken grin.gif I'd walk or take the wheeler it's about 1/2-3/4 mile North of the access. Go to the shacks and fish! The community spots always seem to kick out fish.

Later,

Ferny.

crappie getter

Jnam 88
Its always a good time to go fishing!Alot of guys on the ice will help you out and point you in the direction,but when they have to pull shacks off the ice there is a lot less people fishing.This helps in two ways there are sunkin trees in some deep areas and the guys who knows this put there perm. shack right on top of these spots.When all the shacks are off it's first come first serve!Of coarse when getting to the fish is more work this eliminates 80% of the people.Last year I spent many 40 to 50 degree days in march fishing with no one in sight!If you are looking for a good walleye bite go to Mille Lacs on the north side out of Red Door and fish the edge of flats in 26-30 feet with fatheads on a red glow jigs with slip bobbers from 3pm-10am and get ready for action!My friends and I have been hitting this for the last 12 days and have been averaging 20-30 walleys a night most being to big for the slot(14-18"),but we usually get 3-6 in the slot.It's a good time to catch those 20"plus fish on the ice!!
The season ends on the 17th so don't miss out!If you want info I'll be checking the forum!
Keep fishing!!
You learn the most by being on the ice!!

Keep fishing!

Crappie getter, sound like you are doing well up on Mille Lacs. I was there on Saturday, out fo Red Door early, till 10:30, then had to mmet up with someone on the south end. It stank, got 1 22 incher, a pair of pout, and two big perch in all of our moving. Should have stuck it out on the North end. I was thinking about heading up on Saturday. My e-mail is drston@hotmail.com Let me know if I head up, where to find you..... Dan

------------------
Little Skill, Less Luck, but I Try Hard..

crappie getter

Heading out monday all day!If anyone is heading out look me up.I dont't know if I am driving or pulling a otter sled?Looking for ice conditions on the topic before this one!If I have my shack out their it is a frabile speed shack(black with yellow writting)or if I have to walk out i'll be on a bucket with a otter sled!Red coat with camo bibs!