Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

1st Please Post Your Fishing Report - Then Join the NEW - Private Fishing Report Clubs   01/24/2018

Private Fishing Report Clubs - Click Here - Post Your Fishing Report Before Joining
      1st, be sure you post a fishing report in the forums, then ask to join after you post a fishing report in your area forum. The Private Fishing Report Clubs are where folks can share private fishing information with club members who have proven they know what's going on. Fishing Report Clubs Link also in Menu above. Apply to become a member today, while it's still easy. 
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
crappie getter

walking out ?where?

crappie getter

are people walking out on the croix in bayport from the park?Is it allright to walk across to the wisconsin side from there?thanks for the info!

hunt4food

It is probably ok to walk all the way across, but why? It would be a lot easier to park on the Wisconsin side. I'm sure someone here could give you street names for directions to get to the Wisonsin access. I can get there but I don't know the street names and landmarks. It is pretty easy. One steep hill, but no problem unless there is a lot of snow. Turk could help you. Good luck!

Turk

I don't know the street name, but if you turn west on the street just south of the Tom Thumb store (off of 35)and drive four or five blocks until a T then take a right(norht) and the city park is six or seven blocks, and has an area to park up on the bluff, some people park on the ice naturally when it's thicker ice.

good luck here's a quick report:
1/08/02 St. Croix River ice on the Bayport section is 8” to 9” think in many areas. The sauger and crappie bite has been fair with most fish coming on 1/16th ounce silver and gold jigs with smaller fathead minnows. Jigging lures such as the Nils Masters have also been effective on sauger and a though less numbers walleye as well. Best depths have been around 24 and 28 feet.

Keep Catchin'
Turk

crappie getter

Thanks for the info Turk and hunt4food.I usually fish out there from around noon to dark,have heard from others that is a better mourning bite.Any opinions on that?Heading to mille lacs on sunday and maybe the croix on tuesday morn.Thanks again!!

hunt4food

It depends on the day. I like to get out there before first light int he morning. There is less noise on teh ice that time of the day. I have done well in the afternoon too.