Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bodyman

Open for bank fishing?

7 posts in this topic

I see the St.Croix will be closed for boating for the opener. I was wondering if it was closed to fishing from the bank? I don't see why it would be, but I did hear someone say they thought it was closed to all fishing. Any good info would be appreciated.
Good Fishing..

I called the DNR today and got the info I wanted. The Croix will be open to bank fishing, just closed to boats for now. Thats ok with me. I don't have boat :-). Now just have to find a spot with some nice eyes.
Good fishing.

Body,

There are some fine nine shore spots on the croix however the majority are flooded...no kidding right, but this boat ban has shown me how dependant I am on boat fishing...anyway,
Keep catchin'
Turk

bodyman,

do you drive a black f-150?

ck, It's a blue on blue F150 that I drive. Been fishing the dam at Hudson this last weekend when you can find a spot to fish that is. Seems alot of people are looking for a fishing spot with the boat ban inplace.

Didn't get any eyes, but did catch some nice striped bass, acouple real nice smallies and the buffalo have to be stacked in there real tight. It's was hard to make a couple casts without hitting or snagging into them. Kind of like hooking on to a truck when you hook one in the side or tail. Lost two cleo's and most of my 6#test on sat to them buggers. The big ones you just can't stop them on light tackle. But it was fun. Hope that water goes down soon.
Turk, The river seems to be dropping pretty fast. Looked like it went down about 10" from friday night till sunday night. But then they have more rain in the forcast.
Good fishing

bodyman,

asked what color your truck was because maybe you pulled me out on red lake. If so thanks a million. green f-150

ck

Nope it wasn't me ck, but I always carry a jerk strap just in case. Maybe next year smile.gif
Good fishing