Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Jim W

FYI:
The Bait box is running a donation for purchased jig-o-whoppers made by Salmo. They were giving tank demos etc. this past weekend. All(percentage) proceeds go to the American Red Cross!
These are in deed very nice looking with great action! However, a little on the expensive side at $6.99. Anyone else stop by this past weekend?

Jim W

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• grundy
      OK i'm not leech but really? 14"er.. knowing your height Royce you'll probably need a stepladder to start out drilling Sorry bud I had to do it!!
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      South Shore.  A good bite was reported for last week with the warmer temperatures in 24-32'. In addition to traditional daytime bite, some anglers getting into some good fish after dark on structure which is not typical. Morning evening bite in 15-17' for walleyes continues to be good.  Resorts and outfitters keeping ice roads in good shape as warm weather moving around ice. One two punch of jigging line and dead stick effective as is the use of electronics to mark fish. Jigging spoons in gold, glow, glow red and pink UV.  Small rippin raps in bright and gold colors. Auger extension could be necessary in spots where ice is layered.  Snowmobilers stay on marked trail, big ice chunks off of trail.   Rainy River pushing out some nice walleyes with an occasional sturgeon through the ice.  Fish houses along the snowmobile trail from Wheeler's Point to Baudette Bay.  Morning, evening bite most effective.   The NW Angle has good ice conditions where resorts have ice roads / trails and fishing has remained hot. Good walleyes in 18-28' with saugers and perch in deeper water. Set dead stick a bit higher than jigging line.  Resorts guiding for crappies on the Ontario side of lake, best bite in 30' or deeper, morning best. Crappie mortality rate high when releasing in 25' or deeper thus move on to walleyes or another species when you have your fish.  Snowmobile trails on and around the lake are marked and groomed.  
    • FishinCT
      Jerkin, you are absolutely onto something. Back when I used to put a permanent out in the south metro, I made sure to fish as many weekdays as possible. Weekends were always worthless, no matter the conditions. Luckily vermilion is big enough to get away from it all!
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      Darrell, Nothing in the area that I have been traveling. Cliff
    • IceHawk
      That's a pretty one! Nice fish Rick 
    • Darrell Larson
      Clifford, how is the slush out there? I have slush in front of my home and looking at sled tracks they are turning color also.
    • eyeguy 54
      got a 14 incher on the way to try out next week. should be nice not bending over so far.   no crazy comments leech!  LOL 
    • nofishfisherman
      Used mine for the first time this weekend and I don't think I've ever used a better cutting auger.  Even my wife wanted to take a turn after seeing me use it and she's never used an auger of any type before.  We had maybe 18" of ice (just a guess, didn't measure it ) and I cleared the shavings a couple times with just a quick pull up at it worked slick. 
    • Sunset Lodge
      1.22.18 Sunset Lodge Fishing Report Hello from the NW Angle! Minnesota walleye fishing has been consistent between 18-21 feet. The most effective method is on the dead stick set slightly above the jigging rod. 25-28 feet is also filling buckets with a good walleye and sauger mix, even the occasional jumbo perch. Slender and Tundra spoons have been bringing fish to the house. We have also seen numerous northern pike this week with the largest being over 42.” Canadian walleye fishing remain excellent, especially along points and reefs. Crappie action has been hit or miss. The bite has been better in the morning with anglers limiting out in the first few hours. Fishing deeper than 28 feet is important to get good action. Until next week, Sunset Lodge
    • Chill62
      Moved house on Friday night in the dark.  Got holes drilled and let aired out.  Came back out after supper to fish for crappies.  Only small ones but had some action.  Got up early on Saturday and tried chasing tuilibee's and struck out.  Graphed a few but not a bite.  Switched back to the house around 8:30/9.  Buddies were near the house and had one crappie in the bucket.  Five of us fished till 11:30 without a crappie being bigger than 9".  Went back out after lunch fished till supper and nothing.  Came out again after supper got a 14" and 12.5" in 5 minutes and not a fish after that.  Sunday fished from 7 am till 11 nothing bigger than a 8" crappie.  Fished 3 hours Friday, 12 hours Saturday, 4.5 hours Sunday with only 2 crappies over 10".  Pretty sad but heard a ton of poor reports all over the area.
  • Share & Have Fun