Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
NotoriousBLM

Looking for some resort Suggestions.....

NotoriousBLM

Greetings, all:

I am looking for suggestions for resorts on Kab for next May. I havn't fished Kabetogama, but have fished Rainy(stayed in a houseboat) and really enjoyed it. Anyway, I'm the "travel agent" for this adventure and we are looking for a resort. I'm trying to figure out which resort would best fit our wants. I have a 17.5" boat with a 90 on her, so we can travel aways if needed, but basically just need to know who has clean cabins relatively close to good fishing during mid-May. Friendly owners are always a plus, as nothing erks me more than giving hard earned $$ to an a-hole.

Thanks,

NotBLM

Dusty

Notblm,
Check out Sunset resort on the Ash River trail. Fantastic owners and good early sping fishing near by.

id stay at the frontier resort on the ash river trail, they are friendly and its closer to the mouth of the river/ the sunsets cabins are very small.

Minnesota Wannabe

Idlewild Resort. Great people, nice place.

guts

I agree with all the suggestions, however most early season fishing is better on the West end of Kabetogama, there are over 20 resorts on the West end of Kab. Later season, the East end is the better fishing where Ash River resorts are the most handy.

Early season they catch fish off the docks or within a short distance of the resort making the West end very convienent.

There is a Kabetogama resort assocation website that has info, as is there an Ash River ebsite as well. Good luck, guts
<{{{{>< <{{{{{><

Muskie-searcher

I always stay at Park Point Resort in May. The fishing is great, we catch hundreds of walleye each spring, but the majority are to big to fit in the slot. It is amazing how this lake has rebounded with the slot. The owners are awesome, and you can catch fish from the shore and the docks while you are in on lunch break, or enjoying beers after dark. Hell, I would even give you some hot spots out on the water in the general area.

NotoriousBLM

Thanks for all your replies. Will start huntin' out a place from your suggestions!

-NotBLM