Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Houseboat Trip

4 posts in this topic

Myself and 11 other guys have a houseboat rented out of Crane Lake. First time up for all of us, we were thinking of cruising over to Kab or Rainy and then working back to Crane. Any advice on this? We're primarily after walleye, northern, and smallies, would there be any particular spots you'd suggest? I see there are dams at Kettle Falls, can you even get up into Rainy? Maybe it's not even worth cruising that far, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Flyer

Check out the north house boat campsite on Mcmanus Island on Namakan. My family likes it a lot. Nice sand beach.

You can't get the houseboat into Rainy from Namakan but there is a mechanical portage for your fishing boats. There are lots of places to find fish,you have to look around for them. Have only fished Crane, Sand Point and Namakan once and found good fishing with a little work. Talk to your houseboat outfitter about current locations and baits.Enjoy your trip.

If you are interested in coming up to Kabetogama there are several great house boat sites to stay at. Not to mention the great fishing on Kab. There are several resorts to stop at to fill up with gas plus a small convenience store at gappa's landing. If you would like a house boat map of kab give me a call and I will mail you one. 877-422-2471

------------------
Lakeview Resort
www.lakeviewkabetogama.com
lakeviewresort@juno.com