Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  

Info on dry ice

We are headed up next week on a houseboat trip out of the Ash river. Does anyone know where we could find dry ice to restock our coolers before getting on the boats. We will be spending the night in Superior Wis. and heading in from there. Any info would be greatly appreciated. The closed to Voyageurs the better.

Thanks
Dan

Jill    0
Jill

Dan,
The closest place we have found is a "mom and pop shop" (I don't recall the name) that is about 5 miles south of the Ash River on 53. It is a white house/gas station with a deer refuge/petting zoo. The dry ice is also reasonably priced there. Hope this helps.

Dusty    2
Dusty

Dustys6
The place you are looking for is a gas station gift shop called Cold Springs. Its about 3-4 miles from the Ash river trail. They advertise dry ice. I also suggest you buy your bait there as well. They will oxygen pack your minnows and leeches. They sell crawlers for $10 a hundred. You'll save a buck or two.

Dusty    2
Dusty

Dustys6,
yes, it looks like a number of storms have hit the area the past few days. I was there mid june and the water level was high then. Iam heading up next monday myself so I guess we'll find out.
As far as fishing, I would bet the fish have move onto the reefs and will be in the 20 to 35 ft range. Crawlers and leeches will be my first choice but you gotta take minnows just in case.
Good luck and I know you love the area.

DUSTYS6
IF COLD SPRINGS IS OUT PHILS GATEWAY ALSO CARRIES DRY ICE. ITS ON 53 A LITTLE NORTH OF THE ASH TRAIL TURN OFF. BUT I WOULD TRY COLD SPRINGS FIRST AND DUSTY'S GOT GOOD ADVICE ON THOSE MINNOWS I COULD NOT BELIEVE HOW LONG THEY KEPT. WE RAN OUT ON THE 4TH DAY AND THEY WERE STILL LIVELY.

GOOD FISHIN
NPIKE77

------------------
npike77

Thanks for the great info and prompt replies.Sounds like this place has everything we need before heading out.Anyone know how the fishing has been?Or the bait of choice for the walleye?Also it seems that the area has been getting hit by line after line of storms,is this still the pattern?Thanks in anvance for additional info.

Dan

Thanks for the great info.Dusty,maybe will run into you up there.We will be in 2 houseboats from Ebels with 2 of their boats and 2 boats we are towing up with us.One is a Smokercraft,but I'm not sure what the other boat is.Both have Illinois numbers.Just look for the boats with all of the boys(13 of them)and dads.Could share a beer and a few fishing tales,and maybe guidance on a few good spots.We are thinking of trying the western part of Namakan and eastern Kabby,although longer trips are not a problem.Let me know,and thanks.

Dan

Dusty    2
Dusty

Dan,
I seldom turn down a beer. I'll keep my eye out for ya. I have a green/tan Crestliner with a gray yamaha mtr.
There will be three of us. I plan on fishing mostly on Namakan but may venture into kabby depending on the bite. Ebels should be able to help you out with spots to fish to get you started.
Good luck and have a great trip. If I don't see you on the water, post a line here on how your trip went.
Dan