Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  

kabetogama ice& summer fishing

does this lake have large crappies? has anyone been there during june? how about walleys,notherns? do you really nead a guide to find them? or they help you out more thanother places? we would like to get some in put first. any help we would apreciate

hey there i used to live 40 min from kab and spent 3 of my last summers as a dock boy at driftwood lodge on the south shore of kab. yes it does have some really large crappies, ive seen some 2 pounders come in. you find them in lost bay and sullivians bay(ash river)in the early spring (around the walleye opener or before) you probably wont get tons of crappies- 12/day but those you get will be nice. as far as june its best to get fishing it during the early part of the month. try shallows and reefs. but the best spot on the lake is the shoreline of the resorts next to peterson bay. everyone from driftwood would make it a date to be back and on the docks about an hour before sundown.then it was fun. you average 3-5 walleys and 2 northerns/ person in the hour and a half before dark. as for getting a guide, i probablly wouldnt. you should be able to catch fish yourself, all you have to do is talk to a dock boy or resort owner and they should be able to put you on some walleyes. if you would like to go and jump the dam (kettle falls) and go to rainy, it is well worth your money to hire a guide.the fishing is good and it is an unbelieveable trip. as for the numbers of fish. the walleyes are on the increase since the slot was put on 4 years ago and the northerns are average. you find the northerns on the reefs and bays. walleyes are on the flats or round islands such as cuculus, cutover, and harris.

trapperclay thanks for thte info. I didnt think I was ever going to get a reply! Im trying to set up a summer vac with all of the kids this summer. I call them kids at 28_32 years old.lots of ?s 9 adults, 3 grand kids, 1 beagle Iwould rather see stay home, ill work on that. It woould be middle june, warmmer weather.3-4cabins, 3boats. any input on resort, or how to find them,im knew at this,IM apicker at the key board.THANKS ALOT RUSS& JUDY

Dusty

Russ & Judy
I would recommend that you try the Ash River Trail area of Kabetogama/Namakan lake. It maybe very hard to find 3 or 4 cabins available for mid June anywhere on Kabetogama. You may find something open in July or August. I know that a resort Called Ash- Ka Nam Has a large cabin that may accommodate your whole group. I don't Know the Phone No. But If you call MN. directory ass. at 218 555 1212 and ask for the ORR area and then ASH Ka Nam resort you should get the no.
Good Luck

hey its me again, there is a website, www.kabetogama.com that will give you all the info you need to set up a vacation, but do it soon, from working at the lake myself i know that the cabins fill up soon. there are some that i wouldnt stay at, but unless you want to compare notes, ill just tell you the ones id try first. the best 2 are driftwood and harmony beach resorts they are side by side on the southern side of the lake. harmony beach is a little more spendy though. driftwood is probably the best, and not just because i worked there, but they are cheaper than most, but dont let the price fool you. cabins are nice and the dock service should be good. they are probably already filled though. the other two that i would look at is four winds or herseths tomahawk. i know the owners of all four resorts and dock boys at all four too. they all are nice places and are great places to spend a week or two. just one other small advice, id pick a resort at the south shore and not on the west shore just because of the better view, easier access to fishing spots, and better harbours. hope this helps, and if you have any other questions ill be checking this forum for awhile. take care and good luck

Trapperclay were going to red lake march 2-3 in a sleeper. we might even go to the fishing contest. its hard to get a place to stay,specially on wk ends.sure hope weather changes. reports look good. I was born and raised on millacs lake, and the sourding lakes. Itwas the best of all worlds. not so any more. tuff going the last 2 yrs. tried twice this year not much. now we live by st cloud where a hand size crappie is huge,and most have never seen a eye, thats fishing. yak later!

from what i heard the crappies arent biting as well as they did last year on red lake, but ya, they definately have some size to them too. kaba also has a couple big ones if you get on them. i went to red lake over winter interm, and we only caught 5 and a couple walleyes. i actually am really apreciative that i got the chance to work on kab, it is so beautifual and serine. if you stay up late enough,(like us dock boys do lol) you get the chance to first hear the wolves every once in a while, and then round 12-1 the northern lights come out nicely. if you do go up to kab, one thing you should check out is the inland lakes. you have to hike into them, and canoe around the lake, but it is the most beautiful thing youll ever see. even growing up round there, it still took m breath away!!!

Trapperclay--Im not packed for red lake yet but it will only take 5=seconds. were going to leave about 6am,it will be about 5hr drive. Im going to pack sandwiches to keep the wife from stopping for munches to much. I havent figured out how to keep from stopping for gas and poddy yet! 12-14 inches of snow in 2 days,yuck! the kids didnt want to go that far to vac,so were going to HOLIDAY HAVEN onWOMAN LAKE,we were just lucky to get a cabins and 3 campsites. June 8-11. just bought a 99 4+4 that took the wind out of my sail. Im used to my 86 2 wheel van. thanks again yak later