Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

walleye action

1 post in this topic

walleye bite is in full swing on both namakan and kabetogama, weed lines are still producing nice fish in the slot limit
(also too small and too large) not a bad problem to have..
walleye's are now on the mid-depth reefs in 20'to 30' and biting on just about everything
lindy's, jigs, spinners tipped with crawlers,leech's or minnows.
smallmouth bass are really getting active now as well,quite a few in the 2-4 lb range,nice battle when you hook into them.
northern pike have been active ,but running a little on the small size 2-10lbs

slot limit is really starting to make a difference, d.n.r. test nettings last fall were way up and future of lake system really looks good now.
water levels since the international joint commission changed them last november are about as good as we could ask for , instead of being 5 ft low on opener, we were about 1-foot low and have been at high water level since june 1st.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• paceman
      Made it out last night. Beautiful night. Caught a bunch of Crappies, sunnies, a norsky and a few walleyes. All CR. Amazing how quiet the lake was. I was the only boat out for the most part. First boat in parking lot at 5:30 and no AI inspector this time. Have not seen them for quite awhile now.... Water temp was 78. Panfish were caught on simple Jig/plastic in about 12 feet along shoreline weeds. Walleyes on spinner/crawlers in 17-20 on midlake structure.
    • CaptJohnWis
      Berserker Bass.   This is probably the most exciting hit I have ever had from a bass.   Had to slow it down to get the full effect .Berzerker bass video
    • ZachD
    • ZachD
      Have not fished down there but up river a little way in the Ramsey area I have been doing well on smallies Either trolling raps up river bouncing of the bottom or drifting down pounding the shorelines with meps spinners.   Meps are one of my favorite lures for the river that and buzz baits.   The Mississippi is fun because you have a chance at catching anything.
    • ZachD
      Go to the fields off hwy 10 where diamonds used to be and where the boat launch is in Ramsey. I plant feathers and stuff there sometimes there is a variety of tall grass around there.   the best pre buy program I have found is at golden meadows. if you put money on an account before aug 26 the prices are  depending on when you go Aug. 20 - Sept. 4
      Sept. 5 - Oct. 2
      Oct. 3 - Nov. 6
      Nov. 7 - Dec. 4
      Dec. 5 - Jan. 1, 2017 COST PER BIRD

$16.50
      $17.50
      $18.50
      $19.50
      $20.50    
    • biff
      Hmmm...getting a prosthetic foot and attaching hooks now
    • fishingtime13
      Im wanting to go and fish the missisippi river by my place, there is a little inlet with some down trees, a drop off  and a little bridge that goes over the inlet. Its off of east river road at the end of 79th.  I believe its called riverview heights park. My questions is, has anyone gone fishing there? I see people there quite often and have chatted with them a little bit, but haven't gotten much out of them. It looks promising for some largemouth and catfish. if you have fished there what works good? and are they biting now? I will be there at about 5 am tomorrow morning.
    • monstermoose78
      This rain is keeping the rum muddy.
    • redlabguy
      Nuts, I had to leave Fraser on Monday for some business and a trip, but I think your MO is the right one. However, there are a lot of small (10-12") fish on the reef tops as of Sunday. You might try deeper water just off the tops. I'm not a fan of bobber fishing (like to feel the bite) but it's been a consistent winning method. Dick
    • monstermoose78
      He is huge