Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  

Let's hear it from Green

My first year in the last 5 I haven't been able to make the Green Lake opener. That can only mean they are jumping in the boat. Anyone doing anything?

LocalGuide

Ya I went to fish green for 2 hours on Sunday before the wind and rain hit; I was actually on the lake when it did so I went in quickly.
I only caught a small perch. I had the camera down for a bit and didnt even see any eyes. Plus I didnt have enough time to search so my oppurtunity was at a slim.
One of these years green is going to produce. (I hope)

------------------
And keep those hooks sharp!

Rino

Has anyone done well on Green? It has turned into a great Smallmouth lake. And we always are able to catch a few small walleyes but nothing impressive.

Just Wondering,

Green always seems to start slow... and stay slow for walleyes. With the lack of rainfall the clarity has really increased, makes it tough to fish shallow. On the other hand you can see and follow the weedline at 12 feet, it is clear as a bell. The DNR has done a great job managing the smallmouths on Green, maybe they could now concentrate on something the vast majority of anglers are looking for~ walleyes or muskies. Smallmouth are fun to catch but it doesn't take much talent. They don't fight like a muskie and they sure don't taste like a walleye.

LEECH21

WAS OUT ON GREEN ON WEDNESDAY AROUND NOON. WAS VERY WINDY. FISHED THE SPILLWAY FOR ABOUT 15 MINUTES AND GOT POUNDED BY THE WAVES. MOVE TO THE ROCK BAR BY LONE TREE AND PICKED UP ABOUT 5 SMALLMOUTH. MOVED AGAIN TO THE EAST SIDE BRIDGE AND CAUGHT A CRAP LOAD OF LARGEMOUTH. SAW A FEW BASS SWIM BY THAT LOOKED LIKE THEY WERE PUSHING 7 POUNDS!

------------------

<*))))))))><{

Ryan Becklund

I fished green on sat afternoon but could only get some very nice smallmouth bass. Hopefully it will warm up pretty soon so the turn on. I had my young son with so I didn't go down deep for them.

good luck!