Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RBG

Lake Osakis

5 posts in this topic

Heading to south end of Lake Osakis for first time this weekend. Any tips would be appreciated. Sounds like raps in the evening. How deep are the walleyes with the high water? Are they catchable during the day? I also love to cast for bass and northern and would appreciate any hot spots for them. Thanks in advance and I'll let you know how it goes.

------------------
RBG in Rochester

I've been fishing Osakis since 1967 and I will tell you to troll #5 blu/silver shad raps on any 9-15' flat on Osakis and you will be pulling in walleyes and pike.
The last time there I caught walleyes, pike, smallmouth bass, largemouth bass, rock bass all in the same location (Miller Point) trolling sahd raps. Hope this will help you!
Good Luck!

was up there last weekend over the forth and got a few walleyes during the day on banna and johnsons bar. but the sunny's were bitting in the reeds on the east side of the main part and big ones too. they were bitting on worms but really like the little leeches. about 5-6 ft. of water. good luck

Thankou all very much! Also thanks for the swimming tip as I will be taking the kids. I'll fill you in when I get back!

------------------
RBG in Rochester

Was up there all last week. Would go though about 2 doz. crawlers each day lindy riggin. Talked to a local and he was also having luck using redtails, but better with crawlers he said. And you right move to shad raps in the late evening. Walleyes are being caught on just about every bar and flat, but look for the bigger ones as you connect with the weed lines.

Plan on wearing your rubber boots as the water is the highest I've ever seen. Also, don't go swimming as the run off has brought the chiggers.

Joneshat11