Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pannyraid

Idlewilde Resort

3 posts in this topic

My family is looking to change resorts after spending the last 20 years or so at a resort in Park Rapids. We have narrowed down our search to a few resorts and Camp Idlewilde seems to have what we are looking for. Can any of you good people give me any positive or negative feedback on Idlewilde Resort(i.e. are the cabins fairly nice?, are the owner's nice? is the fishing good on Osakis in early July?)? Thanks in advance for any help.

fishing should be good...lots of bull bluegills...and hunt the eyes deep off the humps and points...

My sister and her family stayed there awhile back, had a great time...it's nice...close to town...nice shorline area..

time to make reservations...i think they fill during the season...

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

Mid to Late June tends to be the "peak" for the lake Osakis walleye bite, but early July should still be OK. If Gary still owns Idlewilde, he is a great guy. I'm not sure about the cabins but I'll do some asking. I think an old friend still cleans cabins there. Another nice resort is Blacks Cresent Beach, it is closer to the public beach.