Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Fish On! Guide Service

Ice Creepers

Fish On! Guide Service

I know that there was a post somewhere but haven't been able to locate it. Anyone ever use the ice creepers from Cabelas? Can anyone give me a comparison on these and the type sold here? They look very similar. Any other models out there worthy? Any info is much appreciated.

Fish On!!

Stephen

FOGS , search for "stabilicers". Thier the best I have ever used. A little more spendy, but youll never have to replace them from wear! And replacing the studs is a breeze.

------------------
... Just stirrin the pot...

Sand Burr

Bigtoes!,
He is right on! Hands down the are the best! I believe we proved it last year early ice. Mikey still laugh about me flying off the wheeler!

------------------
"Hey Nice Rack"

www.bucketrack.com

PUTZ

Just run some drywall screws through the
bottom of your boots.
WORKS GREAT.

PUTZ

------------------
just cross this line------

Fish On! Guide Service

Thanks for the info guys. Do they work with Mickey Mouse boots?

Fish On!

Stephen

jigglestick

maybe run some dry wall screws through your hat. to keep it from blowing off smile.gif see you tonight pop. don't forget bullets hehehe

------------------
keep your stick on the ice!---jigglestick---

FOGS, yep they will fit just order the right size plus. Putz, If you run some screws into your boots, dont walk on Mama's floor! wink.gif

------------------
... Just stirrin the pot...

PUTZ

Did that once, hurts like hell when she
catches ya.

PUTZ

------------------
just cross this line------

Russ&Judy

just ordered a pair from fishing minnesota, Ill have Judy drag me around behind the truck when I get them, and make darn sure the boots are still where I planted my feet and Im 20ft away still holding that old mil,; think Ill take my glass's off for that one!

Fish On! Guide Service

Are you able to give me the advantages and disadvantages of the ice grips sold here? Same for the Stabilicers. I'm looking for unbiased objective comments. I'm trying to make the best informed decision I can and without your folks help, this would never be possible. So thanks for all your replys.

Fish On!

Stephen

Rick

Fish On,
I believe we've gone over some of your issues, with respect to your Boot size of 12 1/2 and adding the fact that they are mickey mouse boots to boot smile.gif The stabilicers are a good choice for you.

Anything over size 12 in normal snowboots or size 10 in Mickey mouse snowboots, you'll definitely need to go with the stabilicer.

Fish On! Guide Service

Rick,
My mickey boots are size 9r. Would I go with the largest pair of ice grips?

Looks like URL is out of the question for this weenend, but I would definately like to make it up the weekend after next. I'm looking to get cleats before I head up to help combat the "stand and rotate around the hole" routine from the effects of the auger and the slippery ice.
Last year, a few of us headed to Lower Trelipe near Brainerd for early ice crappies. I would be willing to bet that the three of us fell a minimum of 5 times each. I know for a fact that 2 of us initially tasted the ice just by stepping off of shore and onto lake. Its kinda humorous watching others take the spill but undoubtedly painful to have it happen to yourself. Oh, we never did manage to find the slabs either.

Thanks again Rick for your reply.

Fish On!

Stephen

Rick

Fish On,
I want to be completely honest woith you here. I have not tested the stabilicers, so I cannot speak for their durability after years of use. They do hold the ice nicely from the reports I've been given.

I can tell you that the Ice Grips are durable, light yet industrial grade, and you will feel like you are walking on nice solid ground rather than ice with them on.

The X-large size will go well with your Mickey Mouse boots up to size 10. So, yes, I'm sure you'll be happy with your Ice Grips.

Rick

I don't disagree with Bigtoes statemment, but I have to respectfully disagree with Sand Burr.

The Stabilicers are indeed a nice product. They are not hands down the best out there. The Ice Grips here will compete with them very nicely. Fact is, in many situations they will outperform the Stabilicers. In fairness, the same can be said for the Stabilicers.

Click here to see the Ice Grips.

Sand Burr

I guess you had to be there? Was "The Best" on the ice that weekend.

------------------
"Hey Nice Rack"

www.bucketrack.com