Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
W.W.BarTender

The Truth About The Fishing!!

W.W.BarTender

Well I thought I would in-form everybody about the fishing so far. Yes there are people fishing on the lake but they are only going about a mile out at the most. There is about 5 inches or so at the most. The fishing has been very slow right now. They can only get to 8 feet of water or so. There is still some thin ice out further so it is not to safe to go very far out. With the cold weather its making a little more ice every night so it should not be to long before ATV's will be out there. I hope this helps.

------------------
West Wind
Waskish, MN
218-647-8998

Eyewitness

Thanks much for the report. Sounds like we'll just wait till Thanksgiving weekend. Should be safe to get to deep water by then.

kelly-p

W.W.
Kinda different to see you posting at a time other then 1:30 AM. grin.gif

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652

W.W.BarTender

Hey Kelly my dad made me post other wise I would be posting now. Oh wait I am posting now.

------------------
West Wind
Waskish, MN
218-647-8998

kelly-p

It's good to see you back on track. smile.gif When I saw 8:13 PM I thought maybe you had given up the night life. grin.gif

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652

halad

What we need is a good bartender. Hey Kelly i here rumors about a big buck?

kelly-p

The way I feel some mornings what we might may need is NO bartender. grin.gif
Not a huge buck but nice. Grey curly hair all over his head and even the tenderloins were tough enough to grow in your mouth. I'm so happy I passed up the little ones for him. Looks like a lot of jerky this winter.
The really big one came past Mindy and Littly Italy the morning of the 2nd day. Stood broadside in 4, yes 4 different firing lines. In each case by the time Little Italy snapped Mindy out of her hangover and told her to shoot it was gone. Not even one shot was fired at it. What the heck,,, the most fun ones are the ones that make a fool of us and get away. smile.gif

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652

codeman

Hey Kelly, was that last line directed at me? I guess not. Just my paranoia flaring up once again. Did I really meet NINETOES last winter or was he a figment of our collective imaginations?
Check out the ice fishing main forum. I posted one of my stories under the 1st ice story thread. Its a long one but most of mine usually are. Take care and hope to see you in a couple of months.

codeman

[This message has been edited by codeman (edited 11-20-2002).]

kelly-p

Good story! smile.gif Brings us all a reminder of the "Iceman Jinx" and the fact that it will soon be starting all over again. Maybe we should team Iceman with NINETOE? That should good for some great action. hehehehehe

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652

NINETOE

Im strictly fishing for spot tail shinners this year and the out look is HOT!

------------------

woodman

Did a fish house fall through yester day??

Woodman

kelly-p

NINETOE, You might want to be careful if you get a bucket of them spot tails. What if Duck-o-holic sees a bucket of them late at night? That would be an ugly sight wouldn't it!!!! grin.gif

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652

Kelly, funny you mention that. That was the first thing that came to mind. Better hide those pretty little spot tails!! Yum Yum

Scott

kelly-p

Wait till you see the pictures of "Dancing Bear" showing W.W. how to give CPR to a Teddy Bear. He is a character. Some day when we're together you'll have to have NINETOE tell you about the day they faked a fight and blew every gasket I had.

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652

NINETOE

Yep, thats the idea! He'd probably think its better than hot pizza. He said that his tattoos needed a touch up so he's gonna come back up! wink.gif

------------------

A new tattoo on his SMOKER!! Man I wish I had those pictures. Rumor has it a spot tail goes down as well as those lake shiners come up blush.gif

NINETOE

Scott, remember only a**holes smoke! I saw those pictures!

Those would make a good "priceless" commercial. Bring on the ice man!!

Kelly should start a "Priceless" section on the Waskish Minnow Station web site. I think I have a few pictures I could send.

The best part is we'll be back for more fun this year.

Fish Toys

Hey guys & gals what did this wind do to the ice up there? Been real windy down here. <Winger>
Geesh confused.gif maybe it is from all the wind & BS. from up north? LOL.
"FISH" grin.gif

------------------
http://www.icesaws.com/

W.W.BarTender

The wind did not do a lot to the ice, it just blew the snow around. The cold weather this week should be a plus. Baitco was out on Saturday and got a few pike, but the ice was still thin in places.

------------------
West Wind
Waskish, MN
218-647-8998

Duck-o-holic

Kelly--

I've never done a whole bucket. But I DID get kicked out of a restaurant for DEMANDING a basket of Spot Tails and Fries! Guess they thought I was drunk, and didn't know what I was talking about... they were sure right on one of the two accusations at least!! smile.gif

ScottS and NINETOE-- Just remember... I'm a pretty good artist too! As for my smoker: It may not be very big, but I only use it a couple of times a year, so who cares! Cheaper than going to the Meat Market too!

Duck-o-holic

PS-- Maybe West Winds should look into serving beer battered Spot Tail baskets??? With a beer chaser of course!!!

Dancing Bear

Hey Kelly email me the pictures of me reviving boo boo! Have not seen them yet and since you won't answer my emails figured I'd try you on the forum. WI deer was slow this weekend going back up for Wed-Friday and then it's off to TX to where the big ones play! Any idea as to when Bear season is going to be this year? See you in December, figure out where they are before I come up will you? DB

------------------

kelly-p

I will not have to e-mail them to you cause as soon as I catch up a litle bit they are going on the website. grin.gif
I'm way behind on e-mails and most everything else. frown.gif

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652

Dancing Bear

Understand! Miss you guys, looking forward to getting together again. See you in December sometime. Probably the 20th-21st weekend. The housing situation looks scary though, any place to stay around there then?