Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
loadmaster

jigglestick

17 posts in this topic

I have next weekend is it worth the trip for some URL crppies on a day trip and will have better luck than your smelting any tips? kit141@chartermi.net

Hi loadmaster.
I am a newbe to the forum but seen your post we were on url on tuesday we got 60 crappies for 4 of us got there about 11 am stayed till dark fished north end just outside river mouth and to left 7 feet of warter doing the drift had a ball. We used shartrus green eighth oz tipped with 1 to 2 inch shinners.

loadmaster, i have only been on the water up there one time. the only thing i can offer would be the same thing they are telling us on here. current reports are the best bet. sounds like the dawg did well. i think i'm going up there next weekend. i have 4 days off(fri-mon)work on tuesday. i hope to make it up at least one day, maybe drag the camper up, and close the w.w. what day/days do you have off? i like the drift fishing til you locate fish. i just hope the gail force winds hold out and the weather is bearable. maybe i'll bring my pontoon, it has railings to keep me from falling out of the boat smile.gif maybe we could work together and catch all the fish? can't do any worse than my smelt trips hehehe. three trips to duluth. twice i had to get wet for nothing, and the time i didn't even get in the water i limited out!(thanks surface)
email me and i'll keep in touch with you.later--------jigglestick---------
ddoree@paulbunyan.net

Loadmaster if you go to Red Lake you better take me with you! Im free fri-mon.
I'll buy the beer(one). smile.gif hehehe.
I'm sure WW can handle one more idiot.
Jigglestick thanks for the 3 cases of beer. smile.gif I forgot to mention Loadmaster and Sudden Impact helped pull the nets. I was waiting for them to show up and help drink them. grin.gif Really it was nice to BS with ya. Kelly said it best. Its the friends you make that counts. Anyway it would be great to get together this weekend. later guy's

Next weekend is looking a little bit scary. smile.gif

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652

Jiggle...Are the railings on the pontoon high enough to keep the auger in when you hit that rogue wave? What's your 1st weeknd in June looking like? Looks like Paul and I will be heading up that way then. Give me a call I feel a game plan being developed over a cold one! Talk to you soon!

Good Luck! Rip some Lips!

Ken

Looks a goer for next weekend. ST checkout my e-mail for the tele # will mail jigglestick with it also I am off Fri-Mon How about a thur late leaving time or super early fri. Whoops I lost ST Address 525-5782. Since I am not a crusher I do not have a pontoon and a camper always have the back of the truck/shell and a cot. What time does the WW close and do they have rooms or is it first booth first come. I hope keely was refering to the ice conditions for next weekend and not the participants.

jigglestick do you need any smelt how about kelly if we come up??????

what three cases of beer

oops!

loadmaster and surface extension, are you guys still a go? when? i don't think i'm gonna make it til saturday. spend the nite drinking beer around a fire, and go home some time on sunday. give me a shout and let me know. 218 259 5229. lm, st set me up with all the smelt i need, thanks for the offer. later------jigglestick-------

Jigglestick, Were headin up this evening, should be at WW by 9:30. Plannning on fishing Red friday and head back fri. night. Loadmaster has to work sat. I figure Waskish should be back to normal a couple days after we leave. smile.gif It be great if you can make it up then. Loadmaster is bringin the Tyee so there should be plenty of room and of coarse JJ is welcome too.

Try to get there a little earlier i usually cant make it to 2130. The dog dosent like to drive after dark. NW wind and cloudy today the fishing has been good.

Thnaks Halad, Will try and and get there earlier. Tell your dog I will make it worth her while if she sticks around longer. smile.gif I'd bring my lab but she still in theropy. The Shrink said she needs more time away from me.:D Been windy and warm here I hope it holds. I guess if it rains we could look for Blackjacks tent. smile.gif

The day started out cold and windy and a little rough. Oh and we closed WW thur. night so it was a little rough in more then one way. We were good so no stories that I can remember any way.
Winds died down to a nice breeeze and warmed up. I got a combination sunbrun wind chapped.
Most everyone is fishing 5' of water along the shore. Not a lot of action there so we headed to 8.5 ft off the first ditch NE of Hudec's We marked fish 6' down so we drifted with a white jig and minnow 7' below a bobber. I guess when you have boats move in on you it's a form of flattery so we didnt get to worked up about that. smile.gif We just moved to be alone and wasnt long till we were in fish again. Got off the lake at 6 pm heavy with crappies. Great trip and meet Albatros at WW,hi smile.gif.

since this thread has my name on it, i just thought i'd use it to give everybody fair warning we are on our way will be up there about 2:00 today! yee ha! save me a spot. look for an old grey pontoon with two american flags, pull up and say the pass word and i'll offer you a beer( with proper i.d. of course). we plan on spending the night. clear your schedule kelly smile.gif
later.--------jigglestick---------