Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
scott-z

Thank you Kelly-p

scott-z

The kids and I just wanted to say thank you for a great trip! He set us up in his sleeper house on Tuesday night and the fish started to bite immediately. I finally made my 4 year old son go to bed at 11:30, even though the fish were still biting. We then went and worked on the cribs all day Wednesday. When we returned to the house that evening a black suburban full of guys was set up about 25' away. Kelly had us moved to a new location in about a 1/2 hour. The fishing was awesome all night! Kelly, Brice, myself, and my kids returned to Morts and finished the last of the cribs on Thursday. Fishing was incredible again on Thursday night. Kelly came in and helped with the kids for a while, as I was having a hard time with tangles, baiting hooks, and removing fish. We released all of our fish the first 2 nights and kept 33 that were over 12.5" on our last night. We also released a lot of walleye's between 5" and 19.5". Friday morning we helped him get his house off the lake, had breakfast at WestWind and headed home. Thanks Kelly, the kids can't stop talking about you and our first time in a sleeper house. They will remember this forever! As will I.

jigglestick

just another day at the office for a great feller named kelly p. smile.gif

kelly-p

Thanks to you also. You and the kids were a great way to end the year as far as the houses. The best way to describe it is that it was relaxing. You've got some great kids there. cool.gif Tell Shae that next time he has to eat the minnow. Sorry about all the new words he heard around me,,,,,I've spent all winter with fishermen and my social skills have dropped grin.gif As well trained as Shadow is he will be fun to watch on ducks this fall.
At least you got to see how close a house can be crowded I would be embarrassed to ever fish even 10 times that close anyone else.
Brice will be good addition to this loosely knit group of friends that fish URL.
One day he is a stranger that seemed very nice and the next one of those people that we look forward to seeing again. I bet he never dreamed of the hard work he got into with the cribs when he met us. smile.gif
Yesterday I took the guys (Tom, Tim,& Cole)that I set up in the portables the last night you were here to help stuff the last of the brush in the cribs. When we were done we just fished our way back across the middle of the lake. I found one place that I plan on returning to if the ice holds. I only caught one there in mid-afternoon but that place just felt different.
Thanks again for helping with the cribs. Do you realize that you have spent as much time working on the cribs the past 2 years as you have spent fishing URL?

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652

scott-z

I am glad we were able to end your rental season on a bright note. I know you made our ice season end that way! Thanks for the compliment on my kids, they are the best. They both wore there new shirts to bed last night. Good luck dunking the cribs on Tuesday! I will be working on getting a few more bouy's. If the ice holds for another week you just might see me again soon. Later.