Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Fallsguy

Rainy Open?

Sandee

There is 4' of ice on the ramp at Birchdale, it will be a few days before it is cleaned off. There are launching boats of all sizes, if you have rollers on your trailer, you should be able to. We have pictures on the web site. Take a look and make your decision.

Frontier is open 1/4 to the West. You can go over 70' of shore ice. There were quite a few boats there today, only 3 launched from there, all others came down from Birchdale. So you have about 8 miles of open river now to fish.

Fishing is slow today, as reported by most anglers.

------------------
www.clementsonresort.com

Have you heard any fishing reports from the Pelland area? We're commin up this friday, and we did good there in March. Any info would be great.... Thanks for the updates Sandee.

Does anyone know if the Franz Jevne ramp is open? That is the area of the river I am most familiar with and would like to go up this Friday.

Thanks,

Jason

Sandee

Matt - Everyone has been going out of Birchdale, with one group today out of Frontier. You could call the chamber of commerce in I-Falls for a fishing report. 800-325-5766

jmischel - Franz Jevne is open for over shore ice only. The county does not clean out that ramp. You could call and ask them if they have plans to open it. Call 218-278-6643.

------------------
www.clementsonresort.com

Sandee -

Thanks for the Franz Jevne info. Do you know about how much shore ice is left there? On a busy day at Birchdale, how long of a wait is it to launch boats?

Your web site updates have been fantastic but they sure interrupt the work day for my dad and I!

Thanks again,

Jason

Sandee

I doubt there is much shore ice left with the river opening up so much.

On a real busy day it could be an hour or two to launch at Birchdale. Some have been able to within 1/2 hour depending on what time you get there.

Thanks for reading our web site, we have been told sometimes they are losing sleep if they don't get to read the report at night.

------------------
www.clementsonresort.com

sandee,
do you think the water will warm up enough by this weekend so better quanity and quality of fish will move up in to the birchdale area

Sandee

I would like to get a temperature reading of the water, and have not been able to yet today. Fishing was "OK" at Birchdale, although Frontier is "smacking" the walleyes. One report of 175 fish today. Frontier is over shore ice only sized boats. I will be posting pictures on our web site soon of Frontier and Birchdale. Rick just left at 8:10 p.m. to get a picture of Birchdale due to some rumors floating around on the condition of the ramp.

smile.gif

------------------
www.clementsonresort.com

Sandee

The ramp was cleaned by the county today at Birchdale. It took them 3-4 hours.

Frontier will not be cleaned. The shore ice is 30' and will not melt away fast enough for the county to clean it before Sunday night. They will keep an eye on it and we will.

Big boats for Birchdale - small boats over shore ice at Frontier.

smile.gif

sandee,
I was wondering how much rain you've gotten over the past couple of days? And if the river water has gotten mucky yet?

Sandee

None - zip - nada - zero

Weather man wrong again! We have no rain, even though they have forecasted it. Rain in forecast for weekend, but hey, wrong so far! River won't muck up unless we get 1" of rain and 1/2" of rain and 1" of rain, kinda like last year. The Forks don't look like they are ready to open yet, and they are low in level if they do.

------------------
www.clementsonresort.com