Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Sartell Angler

St.Cloud Area Fishing Report??

Sartell Angler

I was just wondering why there is such little imput with regard to the fishing in the St. Cloud Area. Has anyone been catching any crappies / northerns around here?? I was out on Upper Spunk Lake monday afternoon and managed to catch a few nice pike and bass. I sure would appreciate any hints.

thanks in advance,

S.A.

SA, unfortuately I have nothing to report. With the water conditions as they are on most lakes, Green & Gross, I have been avoiding my tradional spots. I did drive by Upper Spunk this weekend on the way to Big Birch and thought I should get out there and give it a try. But, do to other engagements I wasn't able to get on the water at all this weekend. I know Duck-o-holic did real well on Big Birch, which has excellent water quality. I will post again Monday, as I will be trying a few local lakes on Sunday. ScottS

------------------
ScottS
Dollage@aol.com

Sartell Angler

thanks scott -- i was out myself last night on the mississippi from the sartell dam north to the rice bridge. i fished for 4 hours and didn't catch much. about a month ago i worked the same spots with the same techniques and did very well with the smallies/ northern fishing buzzbaits. i'll report back with any other info. i have -- thinking of heading up to big birch on friday.

S.A

Borch

I'm thinking about heading over to Koronis to pull cranks in the evening as it's getting to be that time of year. Anyone been on Koronis lately and has the evening bite started up yet?

JoJo

Borch, we're fishing a Bass Club T Saturday on Koronis. Plans fell through on fishing it Friday night. If you could post water temps, it would be greatly appreciated.

Jo

Borch

JoJo,

Water temps ranged from 75.7 - 80.2 but most of the water we cover was around 78 degrees. The water has some color to it and weed growth is down from most years. Walleye fishing was slow with just a couple small ones.

Good Luck!

JoJo

Thanks for the info Borch! Looks like we may be going out there tonight. It's a 2 hour drive for us & there's suppose to be heavy fog Sat. morning.

Jo

Sartell Angler

Hey everyone, just got back from Big Birch -- got a slow start and didn't get on the water til' 9:30. Managed to catch some decent sunnies, a 14 1/2 inch walleye, a couple northerns, a few largemouth, a smallmouth, a rock bass, and several perch. Talk about variety! It was my first time fishing the lake, but i'll definitely be back. That is about the best fishing i can get this time of year -- the river is really slow and the lakes near avon are all green.

S.A.

With the tournament Saturday and the rain Sunday AM, I did not make it to Big Birch so I went to Pelican Lake in St.Anna. I caught quite a few nice gills and a few large mouth, although I did not fish for them much. It was nice to get out and enjoy the day, although the wind really picked up in the afternoon and made boat handeling a little tricky.ScottS

------------------
ScottS
Dollage@aol.com

I have not perosally been out on the Horseshoe Chain for quite some time but I know the panfish bite is going pretty good. Both Horseshoe and Scheider have been producing good numbers of fish. Look to the shallower flats near deep drops,10-14 ft of water.ScottS

------------------
ScottS
Steilinsurance@aol.com