Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Borch

Area Report

Borch

Haven't been seeing much info on the area bite lately. I'll share what I found on the 4th. Rice Lake, the water is definitely getting green. We caught quite a few eyes in 6-10 ft of water on crawlers on long leaders pumped with air. We also caught a 1/2 dozen or so nice smallmouths with this pattern. It was definitely a crawler bite. Just don't have your heart set on a walleye everytime your rod bends. We caught 1 n. pike, several bullheads, several suckers, smallmouth bass and walleyes. Bite seemed to get better early afternoon(boat traffic went down and wind picked up). Walleyes ran from 14 - 21 inches. Smallies ran 2 - 4 lbs. Suckers ran 2 - 4 lbs.

Best of Luck!

Thanks for the update Borch. I have been withholding all my secrets because I don't want to give anything away for the big event next weekend on the Horseshoe Chain. Ok, thats a joke, actually I have been fishing other lakes, the cleaner ones, the "Bigs". Big Birch, Big Fish.. I have posted my success, Big Fish was a waste of time yesterday, as I was almost thrown out of my boat while trying to work a weedline by all the recreational traffic. I quess I forgot it was a holiday. I will get back there before the weekend though. Not much new to report, anyone else been out lately? Lets hear some reports?

------------------
ScottS
Dollage@aol.com

Borch

Was back on Rice Saturday afternoon. Kept 4 eyes and released an 11.5 lb pike. Same pattern except leeches were working too. Lots of recreational traffic(more than the 4th). Not much wind but lots of waves.

Borch

I haven't been out much in the area. Made it out on the Horseshoe Chain and got into some real nice bass about a week ago. Plus a 26" eye caught on a plastic worm. Anyone else doing anything? Hasn't been much action on the St. Cloud forum past few weeks.

Sartell Angler

Borch, I haven't been fishing much around here lately. Yesterday I got back from the Boundary Waters-- boy was that a blast. Although i only pulled in one 'eye (17 inches about), i did really nail the smallies. Also, i pulled in a 14 1/2 inch crappie-- too bad it was in the middle of the trip, otherwise i would've had it mounted. As far as around here is concerned, i would recommend fishing between the st.cloud dam and clearwater-- smallies love this weather.

SARTELL ANGLER

So, Now that I am back and ready to fish lets hear some area reports. I have not been on the water for weeks but will be out real soon. Anyone been getting any? From what I can see most lakes are in full bloom and Green! So lets hear it,anyone getting anything?ScottS

------------------
ScottS
Dollage@aol.com

I was out on Clearwater Lake near Annandale on the 11th we hit some pretty good sunnies but no Crappie action to speak of. I think we were using the right tackle for Crappies but maybe fishing the wrong spots. We had leeches and crappie minnows on kahle style hooks with a little joe true spins. Fishing 8 to 12 feet of water.

Coleman

On the Horseshoe Chain. I worked the east side of horseshoe, with pretty goodluck. This is the flats area, east of the point. The area where it gets about 1-2 feet deep. I trolled as slow as my motor would go, with spinners and night crawlers. Got a few eyes, smaller ones, but what do you expect. I had a few hard hits, which had to be northerns. I was in kind of a weedy area, so I would suspect it. Other than that, not much has been going on.