Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  

CATFISH!!

Well, all you catfish lovers should be hitting the Horseshoe Chain this weekend. I put my boat in this evening to make sure everything was working for my big trip to SD this weekend. But, I could not resist trying for cats. To make a long story short I fished for and hour and boated 17 cats. The biggest was 8.9 lbs. Nothing huge but great fun. They are really wild right now in the shallows. Come and get em!! Oh, I was suprised at the temperature in the bays, awfully cold yet, it is going to take a day or two to bring the panfish in, in good numbers that is. Good luck to all and use the 71 access, the 22 access is flooded.ScottS

------------------
ScottS
Dollage@aol.com

jimBo

Scotts
Any place in paticlar you caught those cats I would like to get a few to try smokeing them.what seem to work the best for bait
jimBo

[This message has been edited by jimBo (edited 04-27-2001).]

Jimbo- Sorry it took my so long to resond, I was out in SD fishing. I did check a few spots from shore last night and they were still there. The best bet for shore fishing would be along Hwy 22, on the left side of the Road, after you turn off Hwy 23 by the River Roost. That area is called the flats.ScottS

------------------
ScottS
Dollage@aol.com

andy j

My friend and I also caught a bunch of cats from shore yesterday. The action was pretty consistant. The size of the cats were mostly in the 1-2 lb. range with a few pushing 4 lbs. I would like to find some spots that hold some bigger cats.
ScottS, When you said that you were fishing along Hwy 22 on the left side of the road do you mean the shallow bay on the left side of the road across the road from boat access?

andy j

Jimbo,
For bait we were using nightcrawlers and piecies of minnows on the bottom. Good to talk to you the other day. Let me know how you do if you go out again. AJ

Yes, I am talking about that shallow bay East of the 22 access. It is referred to as the Flats. That area is full of cats right now, but they will not be in there long, the water is warming up fast in there. It also is one of the best spots on the Chain to find huge carp. They are in there all summer and they spawn in there.ScottS

------------------
ScottS
Dollage@aol.com

I have found that the bigger cats are usually in the River potions of the Chain. I have done especially well in areas "up" the river, that are very hard to get to by boat. For this type of catfishing, I prefer a Jig and minnow. However, there are other options, fishing late in the evening, bigger baits. You have to remember that the cats in the Chain are relatively new and the bulk of the population is of the smaller size, less than 4 pounds. ScottS

------------------
ScottS
Dollage@aol.com

Thanks for the tip. I'll talk to him and we'll have to give it a try.
------------------
Nathan
prez56@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by *Prez56* (edited 05-08-2001).]

Rebels75

I wanted to thank you for your tip about the Horse Shoe Chain. I went there Sat. morning. Started fishing at 7:00 and was packing up at 8:00 a.m. with 5 three pounders. I really appreciate the info.