Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
TUMBLEWEED

Lake Chains

TUMBLEWEED

I'm looking to fish some chains of lakes around clearwater\st.cloud area.I've heard of the Horseshoe chain.Is there any other that might be decent??I'm not a fish hog,mostly catch and release.Any help would be appreciated.I like the ability to move to another lake without pulling up da boat!!

GullGuide

TWeed,
In this area, the Horseshoe chain is your best bet if you want to fish a variety of basins. Take a look at Julia, Briggs and Rush as well. These are smaller lakes, but worth a try. Further over towards the Willmar/New London area there is the Norway/Games chain, also smaller lakes but good variety.
GullGuide
>"////=<

Tumbleweed-I am going to recommend the Horseshoe Chain also. It sounds like you are looking for open water action. The Horseshoe Chain is generally very good all year. The water gets a little green come mid summer, so I would recommend early in the year, May through June.ScottS

------------------
ScottS
Dollage@aol.com

TUMBLEWEED

Thanks fellas, I will go with the Horseshoe chain for starters.I looked up 3 campgrounds on the chain to set up a base camp at.The plan was for an early outing,maybe even the opener.Again, thanks for the input...

The opener will be excellent on the Horseshoe Chain this year. When there is a late ice out, the fish are stacked up in the river on the opener. You should have some really good walleye fishing.ScottS

------------------
ScottS
Dollage@aol.com