Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  

bigrjg

On our way to Ottertail this Sunday for a weeks Fishnfun.Fished the lake 5 years ago or so and caught some eyes.Would appreciate any suggestions on spots and presentation.
HOWS THE FISH'N NOW.

ChuckN

Welcome to FishingMinnesota bigrjg!

To be honest, I haven't touched Otter Tail in awhile. I've heard the fish are biting, but the weather always seems to play a role out there.

I've done well on nightcrawlers and leeches with long snells. If you can get your hands on redtail chubs, that would be my top choice. Work the mid-lake structure, and there are endless possiblities there. With a good depth finder just cruise over various humps and watch for fish. I like the 20-35' depths this time of year. It's such a large lake with endless structure I wish I could pinpoint areas, but only my GPS knows where to take me this time of year.

I hope to hit that lake early next week.

jerkin'm

Maybe I will follow you out there again on Monday Chuck. I haven't been out for a while either. Will check OT and a couple other lakes Sunday and Monday. Hope for no wind! Don't hesitate to try deep bigrjg. I have found them very deep this time of year also.

bigrjg

Hey Jerkin'm,true on the deeper.We found that out at Gull.Started catch'em in 35 to 40 foot.That was different,usually in 14 to 16.Hope to shakem out there next week.Thanks for the tip.

bigrjg

Thanks for the info floating minnow,been checking the long range forecast for up there and looks like things maybe a little wet through the week.Gotta fish through it for sure.

floating minnow

bigrjg

If you can't find red tails don't hesitate to use small-medium suckers.I've had some decent action the last two weekends using long snells.Jigs also work with the suckers.I've had most of my luck in the 14'-25'range on the edge and outside the cabbage weeds but there are also fish on some of the deep humps.Any time now the really steep drops are going to be holding fish.The fishing on the lake is not bad now the only problem has been the weather changes and that crazy Otter Tail wind.Stop in at Ben's bait in Battle Lake and ask whats been working.Good luck and have fun.

[This message has been edited by floating minnow (edited 09-11-2004).]

ChuckN

Hey Jerkin, did you make it out? Any reports? I'm planning on going soon!! It sure was windy Sunday and Monday!

jerkin'm

Yes it was plenty windy. Every weekend I have been up it has been a wind storm. Did fish a couple smaller lakes with no results worth mentioning. Drove by OT on Sunday evening and there was a couple boats out but I wasn't about to fight it. Rumor had it everything was deep. RE Ken at Ken's Tackle

ChuckN

I snuck out for a few hours last evening, and as I suspected, it was a tough bite. I lost a nice walleye at the boat, but it was going back anyways. smile.gif

Marked the majority of fish on deep structure where humps top at 30 feet, fish stacked on the edges going to deep water. I noticed a lot of bottom huggers on drop offs in the 20 foot range where I finally stuck that one.

Water temp was 66-68 degrees.

SEwalleye

Guys-

I found the same as Chuck over the weekend. Caught 5 fish sat & 1 sun (didn't fish too hard) lindy rigging Redtails & shiners. I was working a hump that tops out at 20ft. Caught all of the fish in 25-35 feet off the top. It seems that fishing is improving every week! I can't wait for the fall bite to really turn on !! Good luck fishing guys!

jerkin'm

Got some at Ken's Tackle on the west end of OT on Sunday. Pricey but good sized.

WallEYES

T-BONE with an Ottertail sunset eye

47b4d737b3127cceb6e52ee740940000001010

WallEYES
47b4d737b3127cceb6e52ee740940000001610

SEwalleye

Walleyes-
Nice fish! I haven't seen one like that I the end of my rod all year. Maybe next weekend. I also got my redtails at Ken's, nice bait. If you don't want to spend the extra $, it seemed that the fish had no preference last weekend, but I know people who will swear by the redtails!

lloeg

I've discovered on my aquaview some big suckers that cruise 1-3ft off bottom humps, edges, weedbeds that look like nice walleyes on depthfinders. It's only a guess but the higher they get off the bottom the more likely they are to be suckers. there are usually 3-6 suckers traveling together