Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
hellonnnewman

south big pine

hellonnnewman

I will be on big pine in a about 10 days or so and i was wondering if anyone has been getting any good luck. I will be staying down where big pine and drains into little pine. We're gonna have a small lund with most likely a 9.9 or a 15 horse, so we won't be able to go all around the lake. I'm hoping to stay nearby, with in a 15 minute ride. If anyone has any advice for an excited fisherman, it would be greatly appriciated. I'd like to catch some good sized pike or walleyes, but i'm just about as happy to get into a mess of big crappies...and i can never turn down a nice bass fight! Fish on!

------------------
find me a small mouth!

newman

huskiesplayer15

Big Pine outlet to little pine isnt on the southside of Big Pine, I think your compass is off grin.gif I am heading up today, I will leave some coordinates for you if you have a gps. Let me know
Best Fishes
Chris

hellonnnewman

i must have got my head turned around coming around the turns past Perham's golf course i guess. I'm not to used to Big Pine yet. Anywho, i will be down by the outlet, but I don't have GPS, just checkin' if you could give me some rough directions, (ex: "just off Miller point straight out from where the two old dead trees are, where it drops of from 18 to 35 feet") That type of direction. Anything would be much appriciated. Good luck.

------------------
find me a small mouth!

newman

huskiesplayer15

Let me think how to say to get out there, it will come to me in my sleep.
Best Fishes
Chris

huskiesplayer15

Let me think how to say to get out there, it will come to me in my sleep.
you line up the three tall trees ontowards mosguito heights, the white dock in the bay, where the road runs away from the lake and two houses to the left of the red cabin in 14 to 28 feet of water, maybe that will work. Try that, I guess, let me get some others here too.
Best Fishes
Chris

Mn_Mtn_Cat

Huskiesplayer, I usually fish the bowl in front of Golden Eagle and have some luck there. If you have a few GPS spots you would like to share, I would really appriciate them. I will be out there this weekend with the wife trying for some eyes.

------------------

ISU Fisherman

HelloNNNewman,
I will also be up at big pine that week. It sounds like fishing is picking up in the perham area. We had our best luck for crappies right out in front of the resort.
We should get together sometime and go over and hit little pine for a day. The only restriction is: YOU HAVE TO STOP AT ZORBAZ FOR LUNCH. Nothing is better than getting up early and fishing little pine and then stopping at Zorbaz for the best Nacho's in the world. ZORBAZ ZUPER MACHO NACHOS.

Sorry, I am drulling on my keyboard.
I will post later.

hellonnnewman

ISU Fisherman-

Sounds like a plan. I'm down for anything at involves both little pine and Zorbaz. The only restrction is that if we go to little pine we gotta go fish Mud Lake too. Last time I fished Little Pine was with my brother, his girlfriend and my buddy Ryan. We got into a mess of big bass, i bet we caught 5 or 6 big one's in about 45 minutes. They were nice 16-19 inch largemouths with some fat bellies on 'em. Good times! I even caught a top water Pike one a buzz bait. I've seen a million bass take a top water lure, and that's pretty cool, but watching that northern jump completely out of the water like that was a sight to see.

I'll get ahold of ya as soon as i get into Perham, it should be around 1 on Saturday the 31st. Maybe you can meet us and we can get lunch at Strom's. My bunch should be pretty hungry by then. See ya soon.

------------------
find me a small mouth!

newman