Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
jerkin'm

Where was everyone?

jerkin'm

Where was everyone this weekend? I had the smallish lake I fish to myself both days. After the quick limits on Saturday I couldn't believe it. Very nice, guess everyone stayed home.

Mark Christianson

I was on Ottertail, Clitherall, Stalker and East Battle.

I won't even ask where you were. Cuz I know if I was successful, I wouldn't post specifics...... frown.gif

CMWINTER

I fished Lake of the woods and cass on opener should of fished around home. Cought more fish around here last night then I did all weekend up north.

ChuckN

Sure, jerkin' you ask "where was everyone" and you tell us that?!?!? LOL I'll find out where you were.... grin.gif

BarTender

BLB,
How was E. Battle..?

My dad and brother spent most of the time chasing crappies, with little to no success. they did mannage to catch two eye when chasing them.

I missed out due to a wedding I was in, but will be up there this weekend for sure.

If your out this weekend, I'll be in a smokercraft FAZER with a chocolate lab.

Mark Christianson

Bartender

Was your place in the south basin, on the SE shore? I think you and I chatted several months ago.
Or are you the guy with a place where Woodland Park used to be?

We tried for crappies to start on E Battle.
We got one. Wow!
We ended up going after sunnies for a while, just to catch some fish, and we got some, but nothing worth writing home about. We kept 8 I think.

I am staying home this weekend. I gotta get some home stuff done, because bass opener will be taking up another 5 days of fishing.

jerkin'm

C'mon Chuck you live up there now you should have it figured out. At least you should know better than to go to OT for opener. There is a better lake than that in your back yard. (or do you consider 210 your back yard)

ChuckN

A smallish lake you had to yourself in my back yard?? That could be hundreds of lakes! LOL I have an idea, but it's not that "small". You have relatives up here I can pump for info. LOL tongue.gif

jerkin'm

Chuck, I don't tell my relatives anything, rarely my friends, so pump away. (I even lie to my own father about location) It is one of the lakes Josie loves to shoot her mouth off about at Ben's though.

deacon

That is correct, a guy can give information on types of lure, bait and depth. But if it is smaller than the Big O or West Battle the name of the lake is part of the code "Don't ask don't tell."

Myself I was out last night and the bite was ok, I boated 4 eyes all on a yellow jig with a fathead. The magic depth was 10', after the sun set the fish were in 6'.

My partner only boated a sunfish, he tried lindy, yellow jig and slip float. Bummer for him but is was absolutely great to be on the lake enjoying the fantastic whether and Men conversation. Why does my wife always ask what we (men) talked about. All men talk about is fishing this time of the year.

Good Luck and Be Safe

otterman

Big Pine was pretty good both days caught 25-30 kept 8. JIG AND A MINNOW.

Mark Christianson

Bartender

Do you have email?

BarTender

Klettc@hotmail.com

Make sure you put fishing MN in the subject so I dont delete it.

BarTender

BLB
Yes, we did talk a few months ago, My dad lives on the SE shore... Comming south through the narrows go around the big point and head straight east and youd run into his house.

I guess the Crappies are slowly comming into the shallows, but nmost were cought in 8-12 feet. I'll let you know how it goes this weekend.