Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  

SHINERS ARE dEaDlY

Any advice on how to keep those silver shiners from dying off in the bucket? They've been a waldo favorite on the Pines, but I bet half of them are dead before we even wet a line!

Paul Rohweller

I've used bubble buckets in the past with good success, that might be the way you need to go. This past open water season I used the aerators from aqua innovations, that thing works good and is dead quiet. That I like!! Downside is that its a little spendy and requires daily cleaning. Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387 home
701-261-9525 cell
pinetoprairie@netscape.net
N.P.A.A. 425
Quality Bait and Tackle, Detroit Lakes Mn
www.scenictackle.com
North Country Outdoors Radio 99.3 fm
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie

Jigging Bob

Hey steeplechaser,

I always throw a little snow in the bucket or bag when I leave the bait store and periodically through out the day I drain the water and fill it back up. Scheels puts some blue stuff in the water that really makes them last. I have no idea what it is in there I always forget to ask them what it is. Seems to work really well though.

What ever you do to a bucket of shiners never change the water with water out of the tap if you get water service from the city. The chemicals will kill them within a day. When changing water (if lake water is unavailable) I filter the water through a brita water filter and then chill the water so the water is the same temp as the water the shiners are in. I have kept shiners for up to 4 weeks using this method.

Good luck and good fishing!

SUNNYD

huskiesplayer15

Another thing you might want to try? Buy a bubbler from frabill, for under twenty bucks it will be well worth it before the season is over with. Another thing I do if you get them in an air bag, don't them in a bucket before you head out, I think the minnows get "shocked" and die. So try and insulate them somehow on the way out, styrofoam cooler, fleece bag, etc, then as the night goes on take a cup out of the bucket and add a cup of lake water to slowly adjust the water temp. Hope it helps!
Best Fishes
Chris

Odd question but do you get the deadly shiners from Gene's? Just wondering, they have been great guys for me, the bait has been even better.

steel24

shiners die very easily..what I was told growing up was keep them in the bag..put the bag in the hole or live well...after about 15 min they should be ready to be put in a bucket or live well without any problems..it does work..from what I understand it just helps them get used to the water temp...he called it tempering....hope this helps you as it has me..