Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
ironman

OT report 1-24/25

ironman

Got in early today from the weekend for two pretty good reasons:
Ran out of bait
caught limit

Sat, was alittle slow, started in 32 ft found only scattered perch and one eye. Moved to diff spot and went deeper. Found fish and lots of em in 35ft. Caught a few more nice perch, one more keeper eye..and some smaller. overnight was very, very windy and cold and slow. Rattle reel went off a few times...no fish...**** circle hooks. Sunrise Sunday was a holy day!!! At approx 7:30 to 2pm my vex was red...the whole time. Could only use one line, as fast as I could put it down...I reeled it back up..the entire time. It was unbelievable. Lots of perch and filled the rest of my eye limit. Perch were averaging...I said averaging....10 inches!!! 11's and a few 12 and one 13!!! Unbelievable. Did anyone else brave the elements?

Paul Rohweller

Thanks for the update ironman
I was out by home here saturday with slick 2526 perchin was a bit slow, think my little lake is getting thinned out. spent today moving snow.. Need snow? lol I'm running out of places to put it.. Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387 home
701-261-9525 cell
pinetoprairie@netscape.net
N.P.A.A. 425
Quality Bait and Tackle, Detroit Lakes Mn
www.scenictackle.com
North Country Outdoors Radio 99.3 fm
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie

jerkin'm

Would like to see the ruler you measured those perch on. We did brave the elements on Sunday also. Caught plenty of perch and eyes on Saturday and Sunday. Nicer perch on Sunday, we measured our largest at 11 3/4. With quite a few in the ten to 11 inch range. Never seen a 10 inch average though. You must have been one of about 4 or 5 others braving the elements from what we saw. Good to see a nice bite going though. We fished EXTREMELY deep to stay on the walleyes.

ironman

After re-reading my first post....I used the wrong termage. The majority of the fish were ten inchers, with very few under nine. I didn't actually do the math by measuring each and every fish and then deviding the number accordingly. However, lots of big fish....caught eyes throughout the day.

CabinBoy

Glad to hear the bite is still going strong. I fish OT myself quite regularly but usually quit fishing for eyes around the 2nd week of Jan. because I don't like fishing the deep water for them. I know there are a lot of 10-14" walleyes caught on OT. Just curious as to how those fish react when you try to release them after bringing them out of the deep stuff. My experience with this has been pretty negative, thus the reason I don't fish them when you have to go to 30+ feet.

------------------
fish smarter, not harder

jerkin'm

Our experiences have showed that if you feel a fish is small enough, a very slow reel and a couple decompression stops on the way up nearly guarantees no blown out the mouth stomach. Often times the fish will get off on the slow reel and stop also. We only stay in the super deep until we have enough fish and then leave, so we do not keep fishing them and releasing them. If you think 30 feet is deep, it is not even close to what I call deep.