Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .

I am heading up the W Battle over Memorial week to try and find some 'eyes. Any suggestions on fishing this lake?

BarTender    0
BarTender

Sorry Havent fished west, I stay on east mosly. My dad Lives on the lake.
I'll be there over memorial....Good luck

Resorter    0
Resorter

I would try off the wall in front of the Shorline Resturant.and head north stay close to the shore until you get to the public landing and then follow the ledge.. 15-20 feet. that will take you over to Stoney Point..another area to try is off north point..follow the shore around to Sunset Beach resort.. that should get you some eyes..good luck

Resorter    0
Resorter

Good luck smoker.. I will be there too but fishing for bass in the reeds. east of Sand Bay Resort..stop by...14 foot red Lund with Sand Bay on the sides... tight lines

Smoker,
Get some shiners, and I heard leeches are working too for some people. I've fished a couple areas Resorter is talking about, but I've struggled for A walleye. I guess the word is that W. Battle is dead, but I've heard that plenty of times and had lots of success (this past winter when I moved here). It should heat up soon with warmer weather.

Resorter,
What do you mean by Stoney Point? I'm trying to learn all the names for these areas..

Thanks, I figured out where Stoney was last night. And your right, the lake is not dead. People always say that and I am not one to believe it. I found some eye's last night anyways! wink.gif

Resorter    0
Resorter

Stoney Point is just west of North Point..there are some reeds that come off it with a underwater rock reef...and W Battle is not dead.. just hard to fish...so much cover and drop offs to fish..but the walleyes you catch will be bigger is size.. seen alot fo 6 -8 pounders come from there...I use to own Sand Bay Resort so got to see some of those lunkers..I'm not much of a walleye fisherman.. perfer bass..but just know where the customers did their fishing...

Resorter    0
Resorter

That's great CD...I know the lake pretty well. so if ya have again other questions just let me know..heck maybe someday this summer we can get together on the lake and go fishing..also love to fish Muskies on it..seen some whoopers...tight lines

Sounds great. I'm just a hop, skip and a jump from Battle. I fish it a lot. I'm going to do more 'ski fishing this summer. I can hardly wait for opener.

Check out the Muskie Forum on the "Strange Muskie" I found on Battle Lake a couple days ago. Maybe shed some input?

bucktail    0
bucktail

Hey I am sure I will see you two out there. i am usually out there a few times a week fishin sklunges. the muskies keep gettin bigger and bigger out there. I fish in a red 16ft lund explorer. With a 40hp black merc. hope to compare notes with you guys this summer.

Resorter    0
Resorter

went out on W Battle for bass opener.. had a bad day of fishing. only two bass..did the same today.. worst opener I have had in years...but did get to see a huge muskie off Stoney Point.. had to be in the 25-30 pound range...and it look really healthy...very beautiful creature...going out tomorrow to some smaller lakes for bass.. anyone else finding them hard to find?

Bluejay Bait    0
Bluejay Bait

Yeah, the bass were tough going this past wknd, fished a number of lakes in the area, we caught a lot of bass, but it was definetly a struggle out there. Water temps were still a bit cold id say.

WallEYES    0
WallEYES

RESORTER
Did you sell that resort about 10 years ago, use to be a truck driver, lived in the Anoka area, and had a daughter named Brenda?

Resorter    0
Resorter

Nope that is who I bought the resort from..I'm orginally from Iowa.. tight lines

Hey Resorter, I finally have some time to check out the forums. The fishing was slow last weekend but I managed to get one 23 incher. Took a quick picture and let her swim. Even though the fishing was slow, we couldn't complain about the weather.

Resorter    0
Resorter

nice fish smoker...yeah the fihing on Battle was slow last weekend.. slow for the bass too..hopefully different this weekend..they just weren't in the shallows yet...Talked to Sand Bay owner Wade...he said he got a referral from me.. was that you? tight lines

Resorter    0
Resorter

great.. will have to get together sometime and go fishing there then... could show ya around the lake some then..tight lines

Anyone fishing Muskies over the weekend?

I don't know if I'll get too excited about the ski's, but I should be out there chasing some eyes, crappies and bass at least. Oh, the crappies are definitely going right now! wink.gif

Resorter    0
Resorter

will have to look ya up then smoker..hey CD you are meaning on West Battle for the crappies right?? I heard they are biting good...need to get my butt over there next weekend and get some..I missed the opener for Muskies.. had to go down to IA..but will get out there soon and try to get some..tight lines

Yeah, my wife and I had a hoot with the crappies yesterday. They were really tight into one spot in the rushes. smile.gif

Resorter    0
Resorter

dang wished I had my boat back together...had to take the floor out to install a new livewell...just haven't had time to get it back together yet...maybe Friday I can work on it..would love to catch some more crappies..tight lines

Every lake we go to we end up catching crappies!! It's ridiculous. I just wish I could get walleyes this easy! smile.gif

Hopefully this weekend I'll put more time on the eyes.