• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ottertail Spearing? Here or Gone?

I recently talk to a guy in one of the bait stores in ottertail and he informed me that this will be the last winter on ottertail for pike spearers? Does anyone know if this is true? I know they released sturgeon in ottertail this past year and dont want people hurting that , understandable, but he also said he had heard talk of muskies being released this next year in OT? Has anyone heard this type of situation? I am an avid spearer out there and would hate to see that taken away. But maybe its for the best who knows?

I have not heard of this either but from what i heard last year its maybe a good thing. Seems one guy or maybe more are spearing big pike and then selling them. Go out every day and then take them home and sell them. That really ticks me off when people do that not to mention hurt the big pike population.

I know they were talking about a minimum size on pike for the upcoming season. Odds are it went thru. Look for the lake to be managed as a trophy pike lake in the upcoming years. There are some dandies in there now, just think if they didnt get stuck when they get to 5 to 10 lbs? Lots of 15+ fish, thats a thrill for the kids when they get one on their line,WEEEEEE! lolol it makes all the work worth it to see the smile. Dont get me wrong, I love spearfishing, I've done it all my life but there's plenty of good water out there other than the tail.. My 2 cents!! Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie