Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
PC Rider

Bite or No Bite

PC Rider

Dear fishin' family,

How's the action? Fall frenzy on yet? I've heard from sources in Battle that it hasn't hit yet. Anyone having any luck? I still plan on coming to Otter within the next couple weeks. I am destined to get in one more good eye fishin' trip in before I break-out the decoys...

"Teach a kid to fish and hunt"

Peace to all,

PC

Paul Rohweller

Ottertail has been fair. Some days you can windmill them, next time out you need dynamite. Lida has been hot, thats where I'm headed this weekend. I think everyones hunting or hunkered down out of the cold. When things get quiet here odds are the bite is good, nobodys asking questions because they are having some success when they're out. Have a great trip!! Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• eyeguy 54
      Got up to Bowstring again at Geigers Trails End Resort. Went up to get some crappies nd found them but again could not get one to bite out deep.  One spot they were 7 feet thick ! LOL   So we chased perch and did great. No 12 inchers but a lot of dandies. Not sure if I will get back up before ice.  Crappies should be great this winter.  
    • DLD24
      Where's the best place to get bait at Vermillion?? Is Hoodoo the best access to fish big bay? The girlfriend and I are going to come up for a day trip tomorrow...Thanks for any help.
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      I believe that there is a campsite or picnic area in the bay just South of the S-Curve  located adjacent to the WMA, I believe that Green Herons and Blue Herons nest in the trees there! Cliff  
    • BulldogInTC
      Hope everyone had a great summer season of fishing and otherwise, and here's to hoping the fall season is going well.  I'm planning to get some grouse hunting in while up in a couple weeks and noticed Pine Island has a WMA on it.  Figured if I had time, I can take a quick ride out to there and have fun walking around on an island WMA.  Does anyone have any input on difficulty of beaching a boat somewhere along the shoreline on the north or south side, if even possible?   Thanks for the help and advice this year from everyone I talked to on here.  Looking like I may miss out on hard water this year and will have to put cracking that nut off until next year. 
    • papadarv
      Any thoughts, opinions on the new lighted jigs from tundra tackle. Anyone seen them in any store. I could only find on-line. https://www.tundratackleco.com/collections/frontpage
    • ANYFISH2
      I have a number of family and friends fishing the river Thursday thru Sunday this week.  No reports yet.  I will pass them along as soon as i hear.
    • Rick
      Northwestern and central Minnesota have elevated fire danger due to sparse rain, high winds and lack of humidity. This means that open burning may be restricted in certain counties. The Department of Natural Resources urges Minnesotans to use caution while burning yard waste or leaf piles outdoors and to check the burning permit website for information.  “During fall, we know that residents and property owners will be taking care of leaf and brush piles,” said Casey McCoy, DNR wildfire prevention supervisor. “Piles can smolder undetected for several weeks under the right conditions. Windy, fall days can reignite these piles.” On average, Minnesota issues approximately 43,250 burn permits annually. When weather conditions warrant it, state fire team leaders may turn burning permits on or off. To determine whether burning is allowed, Minnesotans should regularly check their county burning restrictions. Residents may need to find alternatives to burning such as composting or hauling brush to a collection site or wait until it is safer to burn. “If you do decide to burn yard waste or leaf piles, do so when there is less wind,” said Linda Gormanson, burning permit coordinator. “Instead of burning your yard waste and potentially causing a wildfire, compost or chip your yard waste or bring it to a collection site.” Burning restrictions do not apply to campfires; they are still allowed. Clear an area around the campfire, watch it continuously and make sure it is out cold to the touch before leaving. Fire danger can change quickly. Check the Minnesota Incident Command System site https://goo.gl/W686km for fire behavior conditions. For questions about burning restrictions, check the DNR page at mndnr.gov/burnrestrictions or call your local Forestry office. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • ANYFISH2
      Lots of boats on the river daily here in LF now.  Select people are hitting good pods of fish and catching well.  Flows, though still Very swift, are slowing.  Fish are becoming a little more scattered, more fish are being caught away from shore and away from prominate structure. Minnows and tubes pulling most fish.  A few nice fish here and there most are falling in the 15-17 inch range. Good luck out there.
    • ANYFISH2
    • ANYFISH2
      Anyone in Camp this first season? Give us your personal report, us second hunt hunters are curious!!? First day report is 650 hunters hunted Thursday, Harvesting 37 deer. Doesnt sound to bad.  Didn't hear of any large bucks yet. Good luck to all.