• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

We getting together for a family vacation in mid
July on Moose Lake. The Moose Lake by Deer Lake.
Anybody have any general info on walleye and
panfishing on his lake in July? Are there any other lakes in that area that we should try also?Thanks for any info.

I've never really fished Moose very much in mid-July. If any of you are into muskie fishing, it would be a big mistake not to bring the musky arsenal with ya'. As for panfish, Little Moose to the east and some of the smaller lakes north of Moose should have some crappie/bluegill action going. As for walleyes on Moose, early mornings or late evenings will be best. I'm thinking 15-20 feet of water, but you may find some in the cabbage weeds or some deeper too. Lots of sunken islands to explore, slip bobber fishing with a leech is a good option.
Keep checking here before you go to get a better report. Also check out the Deer River forum.

Brian

Usually you can catch walleyes in the evening up in the shallows. Propeller bar seems to be a popular choice. The walleyes stay in about 15-20 feet of water until the sun goes behind the trees....then they slip into a couple of feet of water to feed on shiners. Deer lake is the same way...just check out Deer during daylight hours, it can be a little trecherous. Good luck!

I have fished moose quite a bit. Had good luck on walleyes on quite a few of the humps and bars. some VERY nice muskies to be had also. Deer lake is very clear and can be tough fishing if it is a bright day so look for the fish deeper, and as mentioned above watch out for the rocks. they can sneek up on you and take a prop in a hurry. some excellent crappie fishing in Little Moose and ive even hooked into a couple muskies in there. Spider lake nearby can offer some excellent walleye and crappie fishing with a bonus bass fishery. Wabana is also up there. some good walleyes in there also with some nice smallmouth. Also a very clear lake so look deep. Good luck!