• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I will be in Grand Rapids this weekend and would like to take my son fishing on Pokegama. Has anyone had any success lately fishing for walleye? Any info on where to fish the lake and technique would be great. Thanks.

nice2bout, I was there last week acouple times and the fishing wasnt to bad. my luck came with the shiners and a 1/4 oz gumball in the deep weeds it was a mixed bite of northern walleye, bass and perch. I hear the night bite is going ok too
good luck
Jason

------------------
fishing fever guide service
fishingminnesota.com/fishingfever/
phone 218-327-2191
e-mail [email protected]

Jason,

Thanks for the info. Can you suggest some areas that we should try first. It loks like there is a lot of shoreline on Pokegama.

Thanks

try around the Islands there is a couple huge flats and some parts of weeds on them north side of the shoreline from bridge has lots of weed points back in sugar bay has lots of weeds if you explore that area around the islands and main lake area that will take along time hope that helps
Jason

------------------
fishing fever guide service
fishingminnesota.com/fishingfever/
phone 218-327-2191
e-mail [email protected]

Jason,

Thanks again. I'll post a report next week on how we did. Happy Fishing!

I will be up as well over the week. I have an older alumacraft with a 70 Suzuki. IF you are in the neighborhood let me know. Ususally get a few walleye yet last time up hit the smallies. Will be working weed edges and around the the islands with leeches.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• leech~~
      I think electric items have their places, I just don't think large commercial jobs are going to be able to work well with them. Can't see a logging crew out in the woods all day changing batteries!  
    • gimruis
      I agree on the choices.   I didn't mean to say that a battery auger was better or greener or whatever.  I could care less about that.   It just seems that "most" ice anglers have made a switch to a battery auger in recent years.  That's all I was saying.  I know about a dozen people who regularly ice fish and they all have battery augers now.  I bet if you conducted a survey of all ice anglers, the majority would answer that they use a battery powered auger.
    • Kettle
      Best weed eater I've ever run with great longevity is Echo, I'd check them out
    • Dash 1
      Hey government,  Just give us choices. I don’t care what people use as long as as it works for you. I’m needing a new weed eater. Plan on a Stihl FS 40 easy start. I’m done with the cheaper brands. Just don’t last long enough.  Probably true with the Stormy Daniels of the world as well. Cheaper don’t last long enough 🤭
    • SkunkedAgain
      If you turn on a movie they survive the 20min ride just fine. After many controlled experiments, I've found that they survive much better if you show "Finding Nemo" instead of "Jaws."
    • PSU
      I have never had a challenge mbeyer
    • mbeyer
      what does the ride from Virginia to the lake do to the bait.....survive OK?
    • Mike89
      you make it so fun!!!!    😁
    • CigarGuy
      Quick update: Lucky 7 now has rainbows, fatheads, crappie and light pike in stock. If I remember correctly, scoop of rainbows was $8.99.  Stopped at L&M in Virginia. Rainbows $6.99, fatheads and crappie minnows (scoop) $3.99. I was billed $6.99 dozen for rainbows, but was given a healthy scoop!
    • smurfy
      🤣 you da friggin grammar police!🤔😒🤣

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.