Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

iiccee63

Big Cormorant ice thickness??

Question

iiccee63

Anyone that can give us some ice thickness or conditions would be great! Thank you!!

5 answers to this question

Chill62

I heard that it was still open 10-14 days ago but with this cold it should be making ice quickly.  I was on a bigger lake Saturday and we had 7-8" on a lake that reopened last week when it warmed up.  I'd be very nervous about going across the lake especially crossing any deep water holes.  The next 7 days should be making very good ice though if weather holds true.

iiccee63

Let me rephrase the topic.... Am looking for current ice conditions on this lake. Well aware how things were weeks ago. Any info on current conditions would be appreciated. Thanks:(

Chill62

Sorry dude I tried but this page isn't most active with facebook groups being the biggest way most people share ice thickness in a realtime way.  There's only one way to really know and that's grab a spud bar and start hitting as you walk and drilling holes to see.

iiccee63

Well, people live all over this state and I live 4 hours away. I'm also 54 years old and have been ice fishing for a half century. Was asking a simple question with a simple answer needed. Thanks. Please someone report if they can.

Edited by iiccee63

minneman

The lake froze completely the 8th, there were three vehicles at the north access tonight they were not very far out from shore