Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
monstermoose78

Drill powered augers

monstermoose78    1,352
monstermoose78

I have the clam drill plate with the 6 inch auger paired with a dewalt dcd985 brushed motor. The deal I got on the drill was great in my opinion or otherwise I would have got the brushless model. I run the extension, because I am 6'4". Here is a photo of my set up without the extension.IMG_0071.JPG

monstermoose78    1,352
monstermoose78

I have fished with Rick G and his Milwaukee fuel and kdrill. Eyeguy and Rigid nils and Yes Rick can cut like crazy. For speed it's less than second a second difference for speed. The kdrill is lightest then the nils followed by my set up the clam drill plate is the difference. Through about 24 inches of ice I got 20 holes per 3 amp battery. I like the drill plate because of my disability it is something more to hang on plus it keeps the drill off the ice. For the people thinking of changing over it's the best thing ever. No more gas spilled on your hands no more gas leaking all over. Any of the options are a great choice.

Jim Almquist    94
Jim Almquist

I have the Dewalt 20v DCD996B with 6" Nils and it is fast. Still have not tried it on my 8" but I feel it will work just fine. I have started using the 18v to 20v adapter on most of my old tools so I now have more than enough 20v batteries.

mrpike1973    36
mrpike1973

I have the 6 inch K drill with the Milwaukee 18 volt brushless best thing since sliced bread. I have a bad pinched sciatica with the power auger constantly jerked and hurt now hardly any pain and cuts fast. WOW light that's the best thing and no gas, exhaust dripping on your car, clothes and fish house.

• Like 1

eyeguy 54    1,712
eyeguy 54

had a little work done on my nills so we see what the slush factor is like when ice gets here. :) 

monstermoose78    1,352
monstermoose78

Great stuff guys I am a huge fan of the drill augers. I can't wait to bust out the big batteries this winter.

Jim Almquist    94
Jim Almquist
20 hours ago, monstermoose78 said:

Great stuff guys I am a huge fan of the drill augers. I can't wait to bust out the big batteries this winter.

Really like that Dewalt came out with the 20V 6AH battery. Have not  picked one up but nice to know when and if the time comes. Way cheaper then the 20V/60V battery. It seems like the price for the 5AH have come down some as well...at least on flea-bay

leech~~    441
leech~~
3 minutes ago, Jim Almquist said:

Way cheaper then the 20V/60V battery.

thinking-idea-animated-animation-smiley-emoticon-000339-large.gif

eyeguy 54    1,712
eyeguy 54
21 hours ago, monstermoose78 said:

RickG grabbed a couple 9 volts. I might just leave my auger at home and watch him. Drill baby Drill ! ! !  LOL 

• Like 1

Rick G    1,307
Rick G

Yep...picked up a couple 9ah battery packs.... Should be able to drill as many holes as needed now:D

• Like 1

eyeguy 54    1,712
eyeguy 54

we will need lots... LOL

monstermoose78    1,352
monstermoose78

That one lake looked like Swiss cheese when we were done.

monstermoose78    1,352
monstermoose78

I am looking at the 9 amp batteries as well but I can get 2 20/60 volt 6 amp batteries for less. I figure if I get 2 6amp batteries plus my 3 3 amp batteries I would be good to go. Or I will go with rick and eyeguy and watch rick rip it up lol.

leech~~    441
leech~~
3 hours ago, monstermoose78 said:

I am looking at the 9 amp batteries as well but I can get 2 20/60 volt 6 amp batteries for less. I figure if I get 2 6amp batteries plus my 3 3 amp batteries I would be good to go. Or I will go with rick and eyeguy and watch rick rip it up lol.

Are you guys talking gibberish or isn't it. 60 volt 20 ampere? Never head of a 20/60 volt how can it be both?

• Like 1

monstermoose78    1,352
monstermoose78
5 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Are you guys talking gibberish or isn't it. 60 volt 20 ampere? Never head of a 20/60 volt how can it be both?

Leech look it up lol 

• Like 1

Jim Almquist    94
Jim Almquist

MM78 

You should get the DCB206 instead of the DCB606. The are going for right around $65 instead of close to $120 for the DCB606 20/60volt.

Leech,

Dewalt makes that battery ( 20V/60/) for high draw things like weed wackers and more heavy duty construction equip. I am sure it is just a matter of what pins you connect to determine your voltage. I really like using the 20v batteries on my old 18v drills and impacter with the adapter.

• Like 1

papadarv    253
papadarv

The DB 206 is a 20 volt max at 6 AH (amp hour) battery. The battery pack contains 10 lithium ion 3.9v batteries. (2 sets of 5 in series/parallel.) It takes 16 ion batteries wired in series to get close to 60 volts and have less than 1 AH. 

DO NOT try to change wireing. Il you short any ion battery they will burn white hot within 1 min. with NO way to put the fire out.

Screenshot_20170902-160542.thumb.png.4698422fc9b6ffeae3b95faf9f9e7ce9.png

Edited by papadarv

papadarv    253
papadarv
21 hours ago, papadarv said:

The DB 206 is a 20 volt max at 6 AH (amp hour) battery. The battery pack contains 10 lithium ion 3.9v batteries. (2 sets of 5 in series/parallel.) It takes 16 ion batteries wired in series to get close to 60 volts and have less than 1 AH. 

DO NOT try to change wireing. Il you short any ion battery they will burn white hot within 1 min. with NO way to put the fire out.

DeWault 20/60 volt has 15 18650 batteries @ 4 volt 3AH each. Parallel gives 20v 9ah. Series its 60v 3ah. Uses septrate contacts for each.

Bat.thumb.png.56eed643fdeb6a2cc84cc1cfc07f5ce7.png

• Like 1