• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

After 27 years of guiding Ace is calling it quits.

Congratulations on job well done sir. Your deserve time for yerself with Sandra an the whole younger crew. You have always been nice to me an a big help when I first seriously did the Muskie fish guide deal back summer 1996. We have had some fun times laughing online an in each other's boat over the years. Even boated a fish or three an coined a few major phrases still used in today's ever so silly online Muskie fish market.  Good stuff that I think only you n I could muster up and never take any of it seriously. Truely makes me smile clear to my middle all the junk we talked about an did. You are a good man Terry and welcome in my boat any time. Anytime. Ya done good and will not soon be forgotten. Thanks for being my friend on or off the water. The name fits as you really have been "The Ace"on our sweet Vermilion.   Still no fish round my docks but Bonnie, Polar Bear Boy an myself always have enjoyed your company. Yer the best in many ways my friend.  Thanks. Keep on Rocken!   Tommy.       PS.    I will continue to keep the Zombie Horde in check.    ; )

IMG_0684.JPG

• Thumbs Up 1

Terry,

Sorry to hear that you have to retire after all of these years! I suppose It will be my turn to join you and Tommy before to many years also.

See you on the water!!

Cliff

• Thumbs Up 1

Best wishes for a happy retirement Ace.   I could never have done the guide thing even if I were a good enough fisherman.   It takes a special type of person to deal with all the different people...

Congratulations on a job well done. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Ace,

I hope you enjoy your retirement.  I hired you one time and my boy and I had a good time.  I appreciate the hard work you did on putting us on fish.  Good Luck and maybe "Little Ace" can continue the family business some day!

Michael Theis

• Thumbs Up 1

Thank you one and all, especially you Tommy. Some very kind words and ditto to you my friend. ;)

"Ace"

"It's just fishing man" ;) 

Ace, I've (along with countless others) have so appreciated your advice on this forum- your knowledge is invaluable. Can't thank you enough for being willing to share- that can be a rare thing these days! 

I hope the retirement from guiding isn't also a retirement from posting :) Take care and enjoy!

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll still be available on this board for information. I'll be spending most of my time chasing Smallmouth and Muskies, but I do fish for Walleyes once and a while. ;) 

"Ace" ;) 

"It's just fishing man".

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, guideman said:

I'll still be available on this board for information. I'll be spending most of my time chasing Smallmouth and Muskies, but I do fish for Walleyes once and a while. ;) 

"Ace" ;) 

"It's just fishing man".

That's ok.   Bass, Pike, Musky more fun anyway. 

• Thumbs Up 1

We're all hoping we won't hear the last from Ace for a long, long time.

Congratulations- you'll get the hang of this retirement thing and enjoy it,

Dick

• Thumbs Up 1

Enjoy your retirement Account! Thanks for all the knowledge you have spread throughout the years.

• Thumbs Up 1

How much for the  journals you kept for the last 27 years?   like date, times, weather, bait, lure,  color, how many fish caught, how many released, how many kept, wind direction , moon phase, and location?????????,just kiddin around, thanks for the good info on here over the years , please don't stop posting on here, we all love the big v, for those of us who cant be up there all the time, it sure helps  the ego after some very trying days trying to climb the  mountain !!

• Thumbs Up 1

Enjoy retirement Ace. You've contributed a lot of great information to this forum over the years. Hopefully retirement means that you get to do more of the stuff you want instead of the things that you need to do!

Thanks!

Skunked Again

• Thumbs Up 1

Have a great retirement Ace. Really glad to hear you'll still stay on the forum!!  

• Thumbs Up 1

Enjoy your well-deserved retirement Ace. I'm glad we'll still be hearing from you.          

• Thumbs Up 1

Terry

You took a friend and I out a few years ago on a Smallie trip. Since then, we have used your advice numerous times to locate and catch bass on the Big V. Greatly appreciate your knowledge and tips. But even more than that, I really enjoyed the story telling that day. You also generously lent my friend one of your musky rods for the week. Enjoy your retirement. And thanks for everything.

Keith

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks Keith, I'm glad that you enjoyed the day. Good luck in the future on the Big V.  ;) 

"Ace" ;) 

"It's just fishing man"

Congrats! Enjoy every minute with your family. Guiding is hard work and takes a toll on the body. 

For me, my yearly Memorial Day week trip to LV has a few travel milestones coming in from Atlanta...meet our friend, host and cabin owner at the MN airport. Stop at Super 1. Turn into the "Y" store for ice. But not really at LV until I see those three letters on the sign as we drive in "ACE". It always makes me smile.

Thank you for all your help over the years, your posts here on the site, and replying to my direct messages when you had time.

~Tripp in Atlanta

• Thumbs Up 1