Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

JBMasterAngler

Lake Elmo

3 posts in this topic

I've never fished this lake before, and with all the rain, I've pretty much ruled out going to rivers or trout streams tomorrow. I have to do some quick work on my trailer, and this lake is fairly close, just wondering if anyone has any past experiences on this lake for pike/bass fishing?

Lake Elmo is very clear and deep.  It takes a while for it to warm up in the spring.  I've only fished it during the summer months though.  During bright sunny days I've always struggled to find fish consistently. I've found bass pretty deep like 25' and deeper during the day.  Low light days and early morning/ evenings seem to bring the fish in shallower.  There's plenty of fish in there, you just have to find 'em...:confused:  Good luck and let us know how you do!

Well, didn't go there today. The work on my trailer took way longer than expected. Which was ok, because the weather was so bad, I wouldn't have gone out anyway. So it doesn't feel like a wasted day :grin: