Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

AaronTC05

Caribou - Twig

4 posts in this topic

I'll be staying on Caribou Lake near Twig for the week of Memorial Day this year and bringing my boat.  Does anyone have a recent fishing report for this lake?

Thanks!

Since Grand froze out I should fish Caribou more.

No report but go to Lake Finder and look at the survey and lake map.  Its got LM Bass, Walleye, Northern, Gill, and Crappies.

Good Luck.

Havent been there for years, but remember there being a healthy population of small pike.  Anglers in the area should make it a goal to learn how to clean small pike and rid some of our bodies of water of the aggressive populations.  Believe me they taste as good, if not better than walleyes or perch. A boneless pike fillet is Awesome in my opinion.  Lets let big pike go (big fish are healthy for any lake) and take small fish of all species...  Tight lines, JH

1 person likes this

I caught a bunch of smallmouth, and a few northerns 3-4 years ago.  That was in mid-June.  I'm told there is some decent walleye fishing in Caribou, but I didn't try much for them.