• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Has anyone ice fished it this year? Going there for a family reunion and want to sneed away and fish a bit this weekend. Thanks

Fished the north shore two weeks ago.  I was a ways away from everyone else which I didn't know was good or bad thing.  We set up the house in 19 feet and put two tip ups out.  We were getting a later start then I had hoped and instantly had a flag and it was a 1.5 pound snake.  We reset and got the house going and dropped down the cameras and jigged our hearts out.  We had over a dozen walleyes come flying into our jigs and at one time we had three looking at our jigs.  We didn't get one bite.  We tried about 6-8 different jigs and all seemed to work on bringing in the fish but nothing worked at getting them to commit.  About dark they quit coming in and we tried for at least two hours after dark.  We had only two people and the girlfriend doesn't like running two rods so we did the tip ups but I don't know if we would have had a dead stick down if they would have bitten or not.  Most were 1.5-2 pounds but one was a huge pig that came through.  Buddy was set up 23' and he got 3 or 4 little 10" eyes on spoons.  Maybe I was too shallow and they were feeding before coming up to us?  We did see a bunch of little perch right away then they disapeared after an hour or so.  I used GPS last spring about this time of the year on where we set up because I got 4 eyes in the same hole hole hopping last year.  I'm getting frustrated as heck because we've tried a ton for walleyes and my fish house has yet to catch one.

Thank for the reply.  I have been out 6 or 7 times to different lakes that I normally don't have a hard time catching a limit, but so far i have caught 2 walleyes.

Take it with a grain of salt I seem to be a panfisherman instead of a walleye fisherman.  I've been really frustrated out on the ice this year.  Maybe this weekend I can try and catch one but I'm not holding my breath.