• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

For those of you who might be interested there is a seminar being put on by FM Walleyes Unlimited of Moorehead at 7:00pm thursday night november 16. Located at the Red River Inn in Moorehead mn. The speakers will be Chip Leer and Tom Skarlis. This is sure to be a fun event with door prizes and the like. Who knows , a person might even learn a little something new if he listens! Paul

------------------
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
Serving west central Minnesota.
Paul Rohweller (218)962-3387
[email protected]
http://wwwebresults.com/fishmn/pinetoprairie/

paul,

Since I doubt that they are going to make it down here to frankfort indiana, you think you might be able to spread the wealth so to speak when you get back? lolol, I've had a fun time since Ive seen you last.....the salmon runs were great, crappie are hitting,so are the stripers, and I've even managed a little walleye action in there somewhere! Hope things are going well for you.

mick

I'll try to make it! I will be in Fargo working on a project dealing with homeless.

Not sure what time we will be done, but I am getting a strong feeling it WILL be by 7:00!

BE.........>< ,>

Hey Mick! That salmon trip sounded like it would be fun ! Probably also a good way to end up with more fish than you can eat in a month !:-) Did you end up catching walleyes on your home turf or did you have to travel a bit? What were you using as far as presentation? Im going to do some time chasing crappies on upper this winter. Winter has set in here now , we have about 5 inches of snow on the ground and lake flora in beautiful downtown Hitterdal mn froze over this morning. Glad to hear from ya!Know of any decent bass boats for sale down there in your area?...Buddys lookin for one. Take care! Paul.......

------------------
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
Serving west central Minnesota.
Paul Rohweller (218)962-3387
[email protected]
http://wwwebresults.com/fishmn/pinetoprairie/

paul,

Froze over? Man, i would be going crazy if it got THAT cold that fast down here!!
And you're right about the salmon....The one in the picture that I sent to you fed my entire family:mom, 2 brothers and and sisters nieces and nephews, everyone!!
As far as the walleye go, I got them right here in the hoosier state trolling #7 shad raps off of rocky points close to the channel (which by the way, is the same area that I got my stripers-with top water plugs and spinners). Havent had any luck yet with the vertical jigging, but now I have my scenic tackle jigs, so I'll be ready for them come spring!!lolol
Now for the bass boat. There are litterally thousands of them down here for sale...and as you probably know, this is the time of year to get one, as the price seems to go down when the owner isnt using it. what is your friend looking for? how big a motor,storage capacity,length,and how much to spend are all questions to ask. If your friend is serious, I do have some connections in the bass boat dept......and I'd be glad to do some research for him. Until then, goodluck on the crappies, and I'll talk to you later!

mick

Hi Mick, Bud is looking for a newer 18 foot with a f.i. 150 minimum willing to spend 1k per foot...Trolling cranks puts fish in the boat even in indiana huh?? lolol Havent checked mail yet tonite so I havent seen the pix. Glad to see you got your paws on some good jigheads! They just seem to hold up better than other brands. Sooner or later you will develop a feel for jigging walleyes then it'll probably become your favorite way to fish them, I seem to do more jigging every year. It used to be a spring and fall thing but now theres always a jigging rod handy in the boat.. Paul

Hi Paul,

Tell your friend that he can get quite a boat for 18k!!I take it he wants a new model....mine is a 95 and cost me 8,800...of course, mine also only has a 90 horse. Also, my personal choice is the ranger. they just feel so much more solid and don't seem to chime as much as the others.I'll start looking today, but if he has a computer, he can start too by looking up boattrader.com.....my brother and I found a great boat in there and ran up into the U.P. of Michigan to get it.
And yes, trolloing cranks seems to work down here!! I hope your right about the jigs.....I really want to have some success with them. Actually, the weather warmed up here a little, I might give them a try tomorrow afternoon. No ice down here, and no season on fishing species.
so with the weather in the upper thirties, I'm suspecting that the eyes will start to bunch up a little(I'm looking for comformation on my theory) and might be a little easier to find. have a good one!
mick

Hi Paul,

Tell your friend that he can get quite a boat for 18k!!I take it he wants a new model....mine is a 95 and cost me 8,800...of course, mine also only has a 90 horse. Also, my personal choice is the ranger. they just feel so much more solid and don't seem to chime as much as the others.I'll start looking today, but if he has a computer, he can start too by looking up boattrader.com.....my brother and I found a great boat in there and ran up into the U.P. of Michigan to get it.
And yes, trolloing cranks seems to work down here!! I hope your right about the jigs.....I really want to have some success with them. Actually, the weather warmed up here a little, I might give them a try tomorrow afternoon. No ice down here, and no season on fishing species.
so with the weather in the upper thirties, I'm suspecting that the eyes will start to bunch up a little(I'm looking for comformation on my theory) and might be a little easier to find. have a good one!
mick