• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Well I thought I would add this so next week we start adding some info! I look forward to seeing fish able ice in 2 weeks or so.

• Thumbs Up 3

Bring it on

• Thumbs Up 2

Well 3 lakes were covered 2 of which are shallow and winter kill sometimes 

This afternoon I checked Norris lake and it is locked up except for a few small holes in the middle.  Twin lakes on the other hand is wide open. Pic is of Twin lake.

IMG_3001.JPG

• Thumbs Up 1

As of yesterday most lakes are froze over please watch for areas that geese and swans have kept open. I checked a lake and found about an inch yesterday and I am sure it made some more last night. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Twin is pretty deep. One of the last to freeze over in most years. 

I wasnt home yesterday evening to see if any more kids went through the ice. 

I will did the spud out and see how thick  it is by shore tomorrow. 

IMG_4314.JPG

3" on west hunter in Zimmerman 15yds from shore.  Lakes talking a lot today. Keep in mind the lake is only 8' deep

A dozen trucks/cars at Baxter last evening when I drove by

• Thumbs Up 4

Stopped by Coon Lake access on way home, Saw a portable 150 yards off shore in 20 FOW. Hour later I cut a couple of holes in 1 FOW 10 ft off shore, nice solid Ice at 2 3/4". Second portable showed up on the lake in 18 FOW 200 yards from access 100 from shoreline. Some elevators just don't go much above the knees - lets hope they make it off save. Coon is just a bit south east of Zimmerman.

Coon Ice 12-10-16 (800x450).jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Anyone venturing out today? I stopped by little elk yesterday,looked like someone went out and drilled some holes. I walked out about 100ft ,looked like there was around 3 inches . Hope this snow doesnt screw up the ice too much....

Went out on little elk this afternoon, 4 inches of good ice.  Caught a bunch of little crappies. Good to get out

• Thumbs Up 2

Blue,  have you been out on blue lake or little elk?  Thinking of going tomorrow.  Looking for a lake that I can use 4-wheeler and portable?

There is ATV traffic all over Knife lake. From the Hwy-65 landing all the way across.  I cannot speak to the ice thickness.

I think we are going to try Baxter or Elk Tonight with a wheeler pending ice thickness.  Does anyone catch crappies on Baxter, or just Sunnies and Northern?

Baxter has crappies just kind of small

Well it says -25 in Princeton this morning I hope that froze up the slush on the lakes.

Took the wheeler out on Baxter, was a solid, clear 6" on Friday night.  It was clear there had been others out with all the tracks on the lake(mostly of one doing donuts).  Id imagine that lake will have 8+ by tonight

• 2 weeks later...

I am thinking about getting out with my son tomorrow (Saturday) to wet a few lines. Does anyone have any recent ice reports for Green or Blue? Thanks.

I was on blue Monday after the rain. The thickest ice I found was around 5 inches and it was thinner in other spots. There might be 6 inches now. Haven't been on green myself but I am hearing reports of around 6inches.

• Thumbs Up 1