• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Looking to get back into ice fishing. Any suggestions on an Auger and location to buy one? Been looking up and curious if the propane is worth the money or stay with gas. Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I can't tell you what brand,as I'm just getting back into it too,but it's hard to beat l&m supply on their prices for much of the ice fishing gear.A lot of info here if you just do a search,use the one on the left.

Funny you should mention L&M Supply. I have looked at prices at Fleet Farm, Scheels, Cabelas, Gander Mountain, and obviously L&M. Depending on the model they are within $5 of Fleet Farm on most models. Very respectable and if from the DL area it isn't worth the gas to Fargo for the prices. I'm very impressed by it.

strikemaster with honda 4 stroke, the propane ones are nice but have a lot of problems and they dont start when the propane tanks are frozen

watch d icks sporting goods 20% off sales and free shipping. A friend of mine just bought a eskimo propane auger from them and no one has even came close to the price when there augers are on sale.

All the ones on the market now are pretty good I think. It just depends on what you want out of your auger. I wouldnt over look the new Eskimo model augers. They def compete with jiffy, and strikemaster now.

Zero problems with jiffy propane. Starts 1-2 pulls, no leaky gas or have to mix. No priming. I bought the pro 4 lite. Used them in -10 below with no problems. Just keep the tank in the truck if your concerned.

i bought a Jiffy Pro-4 auger this year with a 10" auger and is starts after 1-2 pulls. No smoke so if you are using it in a house it is worth the purchase price. Try Smoky Hills Outdoor Store in Park Rapids

a buddy of mine just got the ION we are going to try it out this week to see how it does. I'm not sure if i am sold on battery power will have to see how it does when it get real cold out

I like the Jiffy Propane too. Don't know the other brands but have had 2 years of no problems and no maintenance and no gas fumes in the shanty.

I bought at Lakeland, maybe a few bucks more but I like dealing with the owners and the free advice, lake reports and a few extra shiners make up for it. Lisa there has a lot of local reports.