• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

lund seat problem

kevfish

Question

I am having trouble getting a seat out of the base in my lund boat. Does anyone have any tricks to get it out. I had the problem befor and sprayed WD40 on it. That was a mistake as it weakend the plastic and I had to replace the plastic part. I have tryed 2 guys lifting and we can not get it out

16 answers to this question

Kevfish, I have a Lund Pro-V with the locking latch pedestal seats and yes, they are tough to dislodge. Try holding the lock in and "bat" the seat around a bit. The more often you do it, the easier it seems to become. (Or, You just get better at it.) On mine, Now it only takes 2 swats and the bugger is loose. Even after there has been 230 Lbs POUNDING one of them down all day. They do state in the owners manual NOT to lubricate the bases. And WD-40 IS BAD medicine around some plastics. Another possibility would be to get more seats so you don't need to move them around. LOL. Hey, Good Luck! And on the boat "Keep the shiny side DOWN!!!"

I used tephlon (sp) spray and it helped a bit on a Tyee. I don't think that it is too bad on plastic either.

I hold the tab with one hand and gently pry the taper base out with a flat screwdriver, seems to work fairly easy.

Maybe silicone spray would work. You can pick it up at almost any auto parts store. Try spraying some on another piece of plastic that doesn't matter and see if it has any adverse effect on it before trying it on your seat. Silicone spray is handy stuff. I spray it on drawers that stick, wood,plastic,or metal. You can get nice, long, smooth casts by spraying some on the insides of your rod guides. Spray some on the edges of doors that want to stick or bind.

------------------
YOU CAN'T BS AN OLD BS'ER!

I am going to try it again today- part of the problem is that the seat has not been out for a couple of years now- will try prying with a screw driver- Thanks would taking the base out of the floor accomplish anything?

[This message has been edited by kevfish (edited 05-09-2004).]

I had the same problems with my Lund seats. I ended up unscrewing the whole thing, base and all, from the floor, taking it into the garage and pounding it out with a hammer. The nice part about doing it that way was I could putz with it in the garage and make sure that it was going to come out easily before I put it back in the boat.

I have the same problem with my Angler. I need to have two guys pry up just to get it out, but only one of my four seats do it. If somebody finds a good solution let me know. Has any talk to lund about this.
OTTERMAN

I do the same thing that Phred52 does and that has worked best for me. Usually I just hit the post a couple of times with my hands or feet but a few times I've had to tap it with a wooden mallet.

Matt

My New seat (Boat actually) had the seat bust apart after day 1. Thought this thread was about that. The lower inner padding fell off??? Hard to explain but there is a piece that is molded in, screwed on by 2 screws which is a joke. $200 for a seat, comeon ! At least put some pride into it.

i dont know the best way to get the seats out but when we got them out on our pro-v we just put some grese inside the base part and now it comes out easier

i dont know the best way to get the seats out but when we got them out on our pro-v we just put some grese inside the base part and now it comes out easier

after a couple of hours of trying everything I could think of. I chisseled the black plastic piece out to get the seat out. now I will have to buy the piece again. someone recomended putting a car wax on it to keep it from sticking so hard. Has any one tried this. I do not want to put anything on it that will make it pop out in rough water-thats what wd40 does-dangerous! You would think that lund would come up with a better system than this. Has anyone ever talked to lund to see what they recomend-I may call there next week

A guy would think Lund would come up with a better seat pod design. What really does it is when sand and crud gets in there. Its almost like it fuses together. I have always had luck hitting the seat pedestal with a rubber mallet. Sometimes you really have to hit hard for it to do any good. The first time I used a 3 foot piece of 2x4 to pound on the pecestal and knock it loose. A rubber mallet would be a better route. You'd think Lund could come up with something like Alumacraft. Their push button release is really slick.

kick the release button hard with a hard shoe, then the seat comes up. pain in the *** .

I had the same problem. I found the quickest thing to do is take the screws out of the base and hit the base with a rubber mallot.

I tried grinding the hole at the bottom of the plate to get the spurs that may cause it to stick. I also put some silicone in, though do so at your own risk. I really lubed up the passengers seats and left mine alone. smile.gif

[This message has been edited by walleyehawk (edited 05-10-2004).]

Thanks Walleyehawk! I needed that one!! I'll have to remember that the next time the in-laws are in!