• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Where to go? Really needing your help...

I am headed to Fargo to pick up a new (to me) bass cat and going to make a trip out of it. I have fished Rainey and Vermillion in the past but looking to possibly fish the west side of the state from June 3-6th.

I have a buddy that has had a rough last couple years that I am bringing with me as he really wants to get into numbers of good fish 2.5lbs+ (SMB mainly) but if 4lb+ LMB would be great too!

Great pike or musky would be a BONUS for him as well but not part of consideration in deciding which lake.

Hoping with it being next week you guys have some insight on where should be the hottest lake or two in the area to help put him on good fish in numbers.

Please do let me know your input on lakes to fish ( really want to just fish one lake for 4 days but could do 2 days at 2 lakes if they are smaller or easy to figure out). THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP!

Big Cormorant has a good population of SMB, most area lakes have lots of LMB in them. If you also want to fish for pike and musky I would look at Detroit. Lots of fish in there and quite a few places to boat up to for lunch, and you could even take the boat tram into Sallie if it is up and running by then. It is also a very good lake with bass, pike, muskies, walleye...

YOu could try Ten Mile Lake East of Moorhead on I-94 our by Dalton/Ashby area. Huge Bass numbers, good Walleye and Crappie lake also. Mostly know for their Bass.

I think I have it narrowed down...

Your input on which lake and where to stay?

Ten mile (north or south) by Dalton?

Big Cormorant

Lida

Please do let me know your thoughts and "best bet." Thank you

If you do the Dalton area Pelican would be a good choice for quality LM.

D ecided to do ten mile near fergus falls. Also may try to hit Fiske or pickerel for half a day if ten mile is not on fire. Any assistance on techniques or locations is always appreciated. 

Do you happen to know where I can get an online map of the lake or if it is on hummingbird base map set that is included with 997? Thank you to all.