Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
x1957x

Doves are abundant in SW. Minn..!!

x1957x

4 of us went on Sunday and again on Monday and got 60 on sunday and 59 again on monday. I need help posting pictures on the forum. I got them on my phone and on my camera! Need help to post the pictures from Sunday!! MAN THAT WAS AWSOME!! All out of Southwest minnesota(Nobles county)!!!

123fish

I'll second that. Six of us had ninety of them on Sunday. All but seventeen on Sunday evening. Nobles county also.

HooknHorns

That's funny cause a friend told me his boys group of 6 got 90. They're from Geneva. Coincidence?

123fish

There's just a lot of doves around at the moment. One of the guys I was hunting with had one of his work buddies text him that three guys shot 45 in 45 minutes on Sunday and four guys shot 60 in an hour on Monday. I believe he said they were hunting around Hutchinson.

HooknHorns

Wow! That kinda shooting you almost need tube extensions.

koonie

except you need to have a plug in your gun since they're migratory birds. Lol.

Gordie

4 of us went on Sunday and again on Monday and got 60 on sunday and 59 again on monday. I need help posting pictures on the forum. I got them on my phone and on my camera! Need help to post the pictures from Sunday!! MAN THAT WAS AWSOME!! All out of Southwest minnesota(Nobles county)!!!

When you click to get to the reply box above it are oxes with a smile face and so on if you click on the 5th box over from the left (the one with the blue arrow pointing up) it will open to upload pics from your computer.

x1957x

23fish. Just wandering..mmmmmmmhuh... if you got 90 with six guys on sunday(I take it morning) and if you got all but seventeen Sunday night did you mean Monday night..I know what you meant. LOL

Ebes1099

There's just a lot of doves around at the moment. One of the guys I was hunting with had one of his work buddies text him that three guys shot 45 in 45 minutes on Sunday and four guys shot 60 in an hour on Monday. I believe he said they were hunting around Hutchinson.

Hutch isn't too far out from the cities. Might have to try and get out there this week/weekend to see if there are any flying.

Eric Wettschreck

x1957x's photo. It took me a bit but with a little help from my friends I managed to get it posted.

Nice bunch of doves.

full-1978-36468-doves.jpg

123fish

1957...we shot seventeen Sunday morning and seventy three Sunday evening for a six man limit of ninety. No one hunted Monday.

x1957x

THE GREEN HORNET STRIKES AGAIN! We went out again last night and it only took 35 minutes and we had another 60 doves! Man, I think there was twice as many as there was on Sunday and Monday! Thanks alot Eric for posting it. And Tom,just giving you a bad time on your numbers! LOL

ETH310

Are them things any good in the frying pan? Never had dove.

Eric Wettschreck

Yes. Actually they're quite wonderful sauteed up with some onions.

fishuhalik

A lot a doves in nw NoDak right now too. I keep telling myself to get after em but without a dog I feel like I'd loose a lot of birds

koonie

If you're hunting wheat stubble you shouldn't have too much trouble finding downed birds without a dog. I've lost one bird ever and I don't have a dog. Just mark them down and you'll be fine.

I finally found a hot field. I've hunted a few marginal fields and shot a few birds. This new field has 400+ birds in it and I'm chomping at the bit to get out there.

fishuhalik

Do you guys just pass shoot & decoy? Ever try flushing?

Eric Wettschreck

Most of my dove hunting has been setting up by a water hole and wait for them to come by.

123fish

Mojo dove decoys are worth their weight in gold when hunting fields or water holes from my experiences.

b123

anybody ever dove hunt gravel pits? i got a gravel pit next to my house thats just loaded with doves but cant seem to pattern them

koonie

anybody ever dove hunt gravel pits? i got a gravel pit next to my house thats just loaded with doves but cant seem to pattern them

Hunting pits works well. Especially if you have some wheat fields nearby. Doves like a little landing zone where they can walk down to the waters edge to drink. It's a good option sometimes so you don't blow them out of a field by continually hunting it.

koonie

Do you guys just pass shoot & decoy? Ever try flushing?

I mostly hunt with decoys. I've sat on waterholes too and not even used decoys. If you have a "dirty" field with short vegetation you could walk them up. It's generally easier to scout out a field or water hole and just wait for them to come to you. Imo. Any way you hunt them you should have a good time though. :-)

Barbelboy

I just managed my first 2 dove hunts on tuesday and wednesday on a WMA south of the cities (i was in the area for work). Oh MY God was that fun. We got 11 on tuesday and 7 more on wednesday before the lighting drove us away. Both evenings were about 1/2 flurry of action before dark.

You guys who live down in SW MN are lucky. I'll have to plan a trip down there next year and try to get on some.

123fish

There were still decent numbers of birds around down here this week but I'll bet they are going to heading out this weekend with the weather that's coming.