Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
huckfin

hummingbird transducer interference ?

huckfin

Going to be replacing the 586c thats on the counsule with a 898. I would like to mount the 586 up front and have both transducer still transom mounted. Will both units function properly yet? I think I saw a way to run the 586 off of the 898 unit and was also wondering if anyone has any feed back on this.

huckfin

Called tech at h/b no update available for 586. I'll check into the khz

settings. thanks

TruthWalleyes

It has 200/83, same as your 898.

I would run your 586 with sonar set to 200/83 and use your 898 for side imaging and mapping. Which 898 did you get?

TruthWalleyes

Or, you could sell me you 586 and i'll run it off of my trolling motor. wink

huckfin

I got the 898c HD SI, Hoping to install this weekend. Thought about putting the transducer for the 586 on trolling motor, but that means the other half has to raise and lower trolling motor to use the locator. That being the case I would probably be better off just giving you the locator so as not to listen to the P & M ing.

TruthWalleyes

On 2nd thought, the PtP is lower than i would like on the 586. Lowest i'd probably go is the 596 which is 4000ptp

h8go4s

Unless something has changed, the 898 ducer is always running both frequencies. You can't turn either 200 or 883 khz off. You can view either or both frequencies on the 898 through screen selections, so you could view 83 on the 898 and see no interference from the 586, which I assume runs the standard 200 khz. But the 586 will pick up the interference created from the 898 ducer. Try it and see how bad it is. There should be an adjustment on the 586 to filter out interference. Try it and see how bad it is. If you're only looking for a depth reading in the bow, it should be ok.

Also read this: http://www.biggeorgiaspots.com/boats-and....html?showall=1

thatoneguy

Yes, you can adjust the frequency you use on the 898cSI.

TruthWalleyes

Ah, great question. I figured when i selected 83 or 200 instead of 83/200 that i was actually turning one frequency OFF. It is more likely that i am turning the VIEW off of that frequency. A call to HBIrd should clear that up.

h8go4s

No need to call HBird. Turn on both sonars at 200 khz and observe the interference (looks like rain on the screen). Then change the 898 to view only 83 khz. The other sonar will still show the interference from the 898 ducer firing at 200 khz.