Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

1st Please Post Your Fishing Report - Then Join the NEW - Private Fishing Report Clubs   01/24/2018

Private Fishing Report Clubs - Click Here - Post Your Fishing Report Before Joining
      1st, be sure you post a fishing report in the forums, then ask to join after you post a fishing report in your area forum. The Private Fishing Report Clubs are where folks can share private fishing information with club members who have proven they know what's going on. Fishing Report Clubs Link also in Menu above. Apply to become a member today, while it's still easy. 
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
rundrave

weird bump/bubble on dog

rundrave

I just took my dogs for a swim and noticed this spot on one of my GSP's. He is a neutered male almost 8 years old.

Its about the size of a quarter in diameter and about an inch high. Its soft to touch almost like its filled with fluid. Doesn't seem to bother him and he shows no sign of pain even when I touch it.

Any ideas what this is? Should I make an emergency weekend vet visit or wait until Monday morning?

20130629_191710_zpsff07eb91.jpg

20130629_191744_zps828a8749.jpg

20130629_191901_zps5426d881.jpg

jeffreyd

How about putting some ice on it to bring it down? Is it from a tick or insect bite if you can tell? Lots of questions but a trip to the vet may be in order. I took out health insurance on both my labs for just such issues. Good luck.

LABS4ME

I'd wait till Monday...

But that's me, if it ain't critical, they aren't going to any emergency vet...

Good luck!

Ken

setterguy

My old dog had a few bumps that looked and felt like that, turned out to be some kind of cyst. Had them removed but he had some more smaller ones as he got older. Didn't seem to be a big deal...but kinda ugly to look at.

rundrave

Took him in today, turns out he has a mast cell (skin cancer)

:-(

Going to have it removed and hope its low grade and go from there. I'm pretty bummed but nothing I can do but hope its nothing serious.

luckydog25

So sorry to hear, my dog has a lump on her chest that looks like a fatty tumor, but is going in tomorrow because of your post just in case. Again so very sorry to hear and I hope everything works out.

diederich06

Just got back from the vet with our 3 year old lab, same lump and it was tested positive for cancer. Will be getting it removed July 16th and hopefully that takes care of it. It's right on his chest, about the same size as a golf ball.

pinkfloyd4ever

wow, I was going to say a cyst, sorry to hear it and hope it turns out for the best

rundrave

Thanks guys couldn't think of a better way to cheer up than planting some birds and smelling some gun powder.

It's not all doom and gloom yet. Surgery sounds pretty basic, they cut it off and test it. If it comes back low grade it may never come back or it could a few more times and be harmless . I'm not gonna worry about it until I have to and stay positive for now.

Everyone give your dog an extra scratch behind the ear tonight for us

jerkin'm

That's a bummer of a diagnosis.... Our Golden was diagnosed with a mast cell tumor when she was 6- our journey took us through multiple surgeries as they would pop up- we went through chemo with her at the U of M and lots of issues along the way- she lived to see 9 so the effort got her 3 extra years- I feel for you and have been there- I am hoping your situation turns out well- I still haven't been able to bring myself to replace her and it will be 10 years this fall...

rundrave

My dog had surgery yesterday to completely remove the bump area. It went well but he has a nice incision down the back of his leg and they also had to take some muscle out with it.

He’s up and walking, but has the cone of shame which also means he can’t go in and out the dog door in the kennel lol. So I have him in the crate in the house to keep an eye on him. As I am working today he is snoring away right next to my desk.

Also have to keep him and my other dog separated and that’s not going well lol. My other dog has been howling like no tomorrow since the other left or maybe he just wants some air conditioning too.

I will find out by the end of this week how the tests come back, and hope its low grade.

Heres a pic of the aftermath:

20130708_164453_zps20fea4c3.jpg

jeffreyd

When my lab had his knee done, i made a pair of pants for him so he would not lick the area, keep it cleaner and did not have to wear the "lick the bus window cone to bed. Took a pair of stretchy pants from my wife cut the leg off cut holes on both sides and ran a suspender over his back. worked great, had both knees down did the same with the other one. Good luck.

rundrave

thought I would share an update. Cancer came back low grade so that is a huge relief. So hopefully we got it all and it doesn't come back.

Only bad part so far is that my dog is back at the vet as we speak to get the incision stitched shut again (this is the 3rd time in 7 days) Cone of shame has stayed on but this cut is in such a bad spot that whenever he gets up to move it comes apart. I have kept him crated up except to go out and do his business and that's when it happens. Hopefully 3rd times a charm and it doesn't come apart again.