• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

New Slot Rules

lindy rig

It sure does suck but what percent of people quit fishing after the put a few in the box I know I don't, I go out fishing because I enjoy it if I can put a few in the in the box well that's just the icing on the cake and with no night ban people will be fishing longer. Pretty much everyone corks at night with live bait and gut hooks occur

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TruthWalleyes

• northender

• pushbutton

• smackem33

If your gut hooking Walleyes when bobber fishing it time to put the fishing gear away, pick-up your golf clubs, find a web site where you can dam about not keeping the ball in the fairway.

Welcome aboard smacker 33. Thanks for not taking my statement as a personnel jab at you. I understand what your saying!

Lol thanks,I fish the pond almost every weekend andmaybe during the week when I get off early always a blast my dad retired in Feb already has a seasonal spot for his RV at barnacles planning on spending the entire summer there with his 24ft ft pontoon in the lake (ooo baby) I keep telling him not to worry about these slot changes because even if it id catch and release he is going to have an awesome summer. Plus gonna get that tooner trolling muskys!

GravelBar: My option is to only use circle hooks on mille lacs if live bait is used. and all barbless hooks.

I also read a reply from leech to watch the netting! Lots of luck, sport anglers/ white guys are not allow near the area......

I'm not saying to do it. But what happen if the sport anglers only told DNR creel survey people no fish caught... Period... let the DNR get thier result from the nets..

Fillet any or all fish on the lake, dump carcess in deep water. put fillets in iced cooler with your pops. wink.. as everyone is so worried about the zebra mussle and weeds. Opening your cooler, or telling you to is an improper search. GET A WARRANT/////////

I'm not gut hooking but u know people r that's what I meant

What?? OMG, If nothing else, this thread has certainly provided some great entertainment. Heres my idea: Catch and release is no longer legal on Lake Mille Lacs. Take your two fish of any size and get off the lake. Tournaments are illegal as well. Nets? nope sorry, go make a nice sweater out them. Smallies, ...open season. (btw, they fry up just fine) Pike, any size, one fish.

Once them two walleyes are in the box, just go perch fishing wink

Not a bad idea, but wait....let me look that up. Sorry, perch is closed until a 6 fish walleye limit is announced.

cry

btw, "r" is spelled "are" and "u" is spelled "you". I charge for computer training but I consider spelling a community service.

What I find entertaining are some of the same people who said "there is nothing wrong with Mille Lacs" are now at least realizing there is a significant problem.

Welcome aboard guys. It only took some of you a couple years after the rest of us.

What I find entertaining are some of the same people who said "there is nothing wrong with Mille Lacs" are now at least realizing there is a significant problem.

Welcome aboard guys. It only took some of you a couple years after the rest of us.

Many who were hot on all these types of threads here are now silent. Short on answers?

Ive shared my comments about what I think would help. I wish I could have made the hearing last week.

Actually I weighed in last year on this very topic only to be run out of town on a rail by the "catch and releasers". I believe my exact words were "stop picking on the little ones". Now they have to stop picking on the little ones because there aint any left.

I didnt mean to sound harsh with "texter guy" but I also happen to be anti-texting. laugh

Actually I weighed in last year on this very topic only to be run out of town on a rail by the "catch and releasers". I believe my exact words were "stop picking on the little ones". Now they have to stop picking on the little ones because there aint any left.

I didnt mean to sound harsh with "texter guy" but I also happen to be anti-texting. laugh

My comments were not directed toward you. You and Northender among others have been vocal for a while about the issues.

If your gut hooking Walleyes when bobber fishing it time to put the fishing gear away, pick-up your golf clubs, find a web site where you can dam about not keeping the ball in the fairway.

I have been fishing the big pond since before many on this site were born and i dont care who you are, gut hooks happen as do gill hooks.

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody that says they catch plenty of fish under slot (unless plenty is 1) I'm calling B. S

Anybody that says they catch plenty of fish under slot (unless plenty is 1) I'm calling B. S

We fished the NTC there last year. First time we have ever been there, but prefishing we document everything do I have proof smile. The worst day we had in 6 days as far as keepers was 13...I call a keeper 14-17 because that's what it was for the tournament. We really didn't find it that difficult to find those fish.

[We fished the NTC there last year. First time we have ever been there, but prefishing we document everything do I have proof smile. The worst day we had in 6 days as far as keepers was 13...I call a keeper 14-17 because that's what it was for the tournament. We really didn't find it that difficult to find those fish.

Exactly! I fished the lake often know people that also do and listening to people on this site all year, keepers are few and far between, the lake needs help. Anybody that fished the lake the past 10 years has seen this decline.

Exactly! I fished the lake often know people that also do and listening to people on this site all year, keepers are few and far between, the lake needs help. Anybody that fished the lake the past 10 years has seen this decline.

Ever think that people who catch lots of keepers are smart enough not to talk about it on public forums?!?

I didn't catch many keepers last year, but I know some people who did. Consistently. Through the entire year. If you want to learn how, fork out a couple hundred bucks and they'll show you where and how. Heck, I might even split it with you. smile

I wonder how many of those blaming indians did their part in releasing the smaller eater fish this year.

i won't take from a fishery in trouble even if allowed a limit. Got to take some responsibility to help correct the situation rather than blame others so you can have your entitled limit of walleyes. Lead by example.

I releases as many as their gill nets did

Carmike, are you (they) also hiding them in their pockets when the dnr do surveys at the landings etc. DNR does base part of their research on what's being caught? I'm sure some people do have better locations and techniques for targeting smaller fish. I personally don't go to keep fish like catching bigger ones so I usually go where I get larger fish. But overall majority of people are not getting many keeper fish. If they were we wouldn't be having this conversation....

Carmike is right, those "keeper spots" are out there, but they are getting harder and harder to find the past couple years. Last year I fished hard everyday for a week in June. It took a while and lot of gas to find those spots holding 15-17 inch fish, but we did it. Most spots we fished produced large fish all day with maybe a 1 outta 7 keeper ratio, but these other two spots had good numbers of keepers and it was more like a 1:3 ratio. Just got to hire a guide who is on the lake every day if you want a decent chance at taking a meal home!

Don`t get me wrong keepers are hard to come by but they are out there.Sometimes you have to leave a good big fish bite to find them.The sat.of the Oct.full moon 3 of us caught 17 fish with 10 being keepers.I fished the eastside shallow rocks all fall and didn`t get real good numbers compared to a lot of reports but managed a goog ratio of keepers.

Don`t get me wrong keepers are hard to come by but they are out there.Sometimes you have to leave a good big fish bite to find them.

Agree 100%

We got our keepers last year. Was it as easy as years past? Of course not but they are to be had. Walleyes usually tend school up by size 2c

Yep, in a lake 130,000 acres, when your having a bad day of fishing, i bet you think everyone else is too laughlaughlaugh

DNR doesn't have a chance to check my livewells at the landing to do a "Keeper" count...They're still swimming. I ate 1 keeper on Mille lacs this winter. 10 minutes from the hole to the dinner plate. Generally if i'm catching smaller fish, i keep searching for larger fish.

Then why we having this topic lake is good, enough said if you look everybody can catch plenty of keepers.