• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Sauk Centre Area Fishing Reports

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SunnyCrappieDay

• spear foot 1

• Sifty

• TrapMan13

I was out from about noon to four pm, not much action at all. I had one or two soft pulls but by the time I got to pick up the rod the bobber was back to the top again.

Here is a pic of my newer portable

full-1774-28839-img060.jpg

It's a bit like arm wrestling an octopus when you are learning to set it up but I will get the hang of it. I also need to get one of those drill doohickies for the anchors.

ah well a day fishing is better than a day do most anything else.

seen you out there today, was not to far from you! couple small crappie and a few perch in that area and than went out out and tried another spot for crappie and walleye.ended up with 2 crappies and and a a few walleyes that were to small to take home.

Need some snow so I can bank the fish house!!

I was out this evening and was able to put a few nice crappie in the bucket. Everything is about the same on the bite. The bite is light and have to have a glow jig with a small crappie minnow to get them to strike.

Still putting a lot of small crappies back, I would have to say for every 6-7 caught we are keeping 1 nice crappie. The bite sure is fun but just have to be patient for the ones that are dinner material.

I have not been anywhere other than Sauk Lake but would have to think the bite is about the same right now everywhere. Tiss the time of the season where we wait for the spring bite and hold on through this cold tough biting time of the year.

Was out last night and the Crappies were hitting good. Kept a limit of nice Sauk Lake Crappies. Glow Jigs and rosie red minnows did the trick. There was many of times I was not able to keep up with two lines. Fishing 41' of water and it was solid fish from 31'-20' when I showed up till the time I left last night. I am sure this weather front had somthing to do with the bite being so hot but it sure was a lot of fun.

Sounds like a great night on the ice. Today is different story....LOL! This morning was good, but now the wind is down right brutal.

• 2 weeks later...

That is an absolute beautiful fish! I love seeing that coming out of Sauk Lake. We have been picking some eyes up with the crappies the last few nights but nothing that awesome. Thanks for sharing it with us.

• 3 weeks later...

I was able to make it out to Sauk Lake the end of this last week and did fairly well. A lot of small fish but was able to get a little better fish than I had been getting. The bite has been extremely light with the fish sometimes never even taking the bobber under. Many of the fish I caught I just watched the bobber swin from one side of the whole to the other and bang, they were there! The houses have to be off soon, March 4th to be exact, so I hope the snow holds off a little bit longer so I can enjoy the last few weeks of good Crappie fishing in comfort.

I must say there is a good amount of snow on the lake but thanks to the great owners at Fletchers Bait they have plowed a road clear from Hwy 71 to the north access at Diomond Point. I am fairly certain that Fletchers plowed the road since he usually is the one who has done it in the past years.

One quick question for the Sauk locals.... Why is it that nobody fishes Sauk Lake south of Hwy 71???? I have heard the old timers saying how good the panfishing used to be out from the country club golf course but never see anyone ever fishing south off Hwy 71 unless at the narrows. I want to do some adventuring but just want to know if anyone has some insight on why this is.

Happy Fishing

I was out twice this last week for Crappies off of Diamond point and 1 word can describe my results... TERRIBLE! All very small fish and such a light bite that it was more frustrating than anything. One week from Monday the houses have to be off so soon enough the trap will come out to chase some sunnies.

Happy fishing

I was out on Tuesday night last week and while the bite was soft we managed to keep a good number of cleanable fish.

Trying to get out again but it's not panning out. Possibly Tuesday evening again, it depends.

Made it out today for some sunnies and didn't do so hot. Fished Sauk lake and Fairy, caught a few small ones on Fairy but nothing to write home about. Sauk only gave up a few perch. There is a nice start of green weeds in Sauk and fairy and seems to be holding what sunnies were in the shallows. Perfect day for sitting on the bucket. It will be a sad day tomorrow when I pull the permanent fish house off the lake. Fishing should only get better as the weather gets warmer.

Happy fishing.

• 3 months later...

Anyone been out around the Sauk area. There has been plenty of boat traffic on Fairy s far this spring bt have not hard any reports. I was out on Sauk in Baily's but all were way to small to keep. Hoping to get out again soon afte some walleyes on Sauk but it needs to warm up a little.

I was out last friday, caught a bunch of crappies, not much size. Switched to walleyes and caught a few small fish on the north end, and lost what I would assume was an eye under the 71 bridge dragging a jig and leech. The surface temps I was finding were high 50s low 60s.

Hoppe it may have been a big bass under the bridge, there a few pigs left in Sauk if you can find em!

Yes there are some pigs in there, caught one that was pushing 6lbs a couple years ago.

used to have a cabin on big sauk at rainbow Lodge.. Every week they ran a fishing contest for biggest pike bass and panfish.. My grandpa got one 7lb 2 oz fishing for pike with a bobber and chubs.. since the fishery has changed so much in the last 10 yrs, Im not so sure bass are as prominent in there anymore though frown

• 1 month later...

Camping out at saukinac this weekend with the whole family and all the kids. Just wondering how the fish are biting?

• 3 months later...

Ahh the ice is starting to form. Noticed Sauk lake is frozen from the 71 bridge tonight down to the dam! It wont be long now. Lets try to keep the Sauk area ice and fishing reports flowing this year, my summer fishing was next to nothing worth talking about so hopefully ice season will treat me a little better this year. Good luck everyone.

PS. Can someone give me a pointer on how to easily upload pictures to this feed??

Day- use photobucket. Add your pictures to it and copy the link on the side and paste. Pic will appear automatically

Drove around the on Saturday, Sauk looked to be solid up past Greystone. Might have to venture out on Friday.

There was also ice under the narrows bridge, so it must have been cold as it usually stays open there until the middle of winter.

I was out and checked Fairy Lake yesterday and the whole lake is frozen. There are a few open spots in front of the swimming beach. I didn't venture out to check ice thickness but this cold weather is defiantly helping make ice. Stay safe

Ps. Photo test! http://s1120.photobucket.com/user/Mra296/library/Mobile%20Uploads

I was out and drove around Sauk lake this morning. There were quite a few guys out this morning fishing. There was a four wheeler driving out from the north access and two wheelers driving out from the 71 bridge. There was one wheeler as far north as hoppers bar fishing. I never got out to check ice thicknesses but there is defiantly some action on the ice. Be safe.

Rumor has it an ATV and fish house went in yesturday on Big Sauk Lake. Not sure of where on the lake. Ice is still spotty, keep checking before you venture too far!

Any ice reports??? I have been out of town all week and have got the itch to get my big house out! Anyone been driving with trucks yet?

Just curious, if it hasnt happened already but have there been any full size trucks on sauk lake yet? Last ice reports i heard was 10-11". I am planning on going out there this weekend and wondering if we could drive. I am a pretty big panzy when it comes to early ice driving on the lakes so any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• The title was changed to Sauk Centre Area Fishing Reports