Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
fishuhalik

Sturgeon report 7/10-7/12

fishuhalik

Well it wasn't exactly gangbusters but we managed some fish. I wasnt able to make it up til weds afternoon. My buddies mainly fished eyes on the big lake Tuesday, and fished sturg in the evening. They managed 2 fish, one mid 30" and one 50".

Second day after I got there we focused entirely on sturg. It was slower than normal but we managed a few. Tons of missed fish, as they were biting light, even for sturgeon. Weds was apparently my lucky day as i got all the sturg, a 35", 44" and and 50". We fished well into the night til around 2, losing 2 jumpers and missing another mess of fish.

This am was pretty slow too. Again the sturg liked my crawler mess and I got 2, a 45" and 32". My buddy did get one 28" today though. Again we missed a ton of fish. Overall it was a b.e.a.utiful coiple days on the water and just getting a few made the trip worth it. Fish were caught from 20'-28' in several different structure variations. I'll upload some pics in a few days when I hawk at a computer, as I don't know how to do it on my phone.

TruthWalleyes

Cecil

fish

Did you go after any smallies on the river?

fishuhalik

Nope, never did. Originally I was gonna be there for a couple days but since plans changed and I only got the 1 day to fish we focused on sturg.

fishuhalik

For those of you that have been holding your breath laugh here's the pics I promised. Sorry, I don't have a computer in Williston and I keep forgetting to upload them when I'm home.

1st fish of the weekend. Put up a good fight for his size!

IMG_2522.jpg

2nd and tied for biggest fish of the weekend at around 50".

IMG_1167.jpg

The video of the 2nd fish. Sorry for the camera flip, operator error. And he had to turn it off to land the fish since my other buddy had never landed a sturg by hand before.

th_IMG_0094.jpg

Nice 26" trash fish my buddy got on a ball of crawlers. smile

IMG_7819.jpg

My buddy's 50ish" fish. Funny how holding em different and being a foot shorter makes em look a whole lot bigger!

IMG_1538.jpg

Another good-fighting mid-40" fish.

IMG_0394.jpg

The redhorse in this river are ridiculous! This one was around 6lbs. And man are they purdy!

IMG_0394-1.jpg

And last fish of the trip. Cute little guy!

IMG_2163.jpg

reinhard1

all nice fish and a great trip for sure!! good luck.