• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Vermilion Fishing Reports by Casey's Guide Service (Everything else too)

Very fun to see open water. Thanks for the video.

Agreed! As I look out my office window in Edina, it's snowing pretty good out. Great to see some open water up in God's country!

Thanks Casey!

The videos are great, if that was stuntz bay where you were testing the motor, can you please keep trying to move the ice so I can get out to the island? Those videos are great for a 612er to see. Thanks!

I'll try to get some fresh ones for an ice update mid week... I let it run in there for a while but I don't think it helped very much! Opened it up enough for the next person to test their motor that's about it!!

Thanks for the updates Casey. Does anyone have any updates for Stuntz Bay?

Thanks

as of last night (6 pm) there was also open water around punchers point

Thanks for the updates Casey! Really appreciate it. Coming up in less than two weeks and can't wait.

Around 48 average .. 38 near the ice..

Just recieved word that the city auto glass walleye tournament will be going on Saturday! They have permission and may use an alternate weigh in/ launch spot but we will find out at the banquet an Friday night if not sooner.

• 2 weeks later...

Casey,

Any advice on bass this weekend? Coming up with my boys and staying on the west end.

Thx

Jumper

Coming up on June 1 thru June 9. Casey, we are with you on the evening of the first (4-8ish). In addition o walleye, do you know of some spots for crappie on the east end? They are fun o catch.

Last year, we caught a bunch of walleye and pike just casting not pretty much any weed bed. But it was inconsistent.

How is the weather?

So I have been beating the water to a froth.. I have missed 5 days since opener.. water temps are getting there and the fishing is still very inconsistent. We have been able to get fish in many depths with many techniques..

How's that for a report???

Overall its been FUN, lots of nice walleyes in the lake this year.

Walleyes are still hammering in the lake.. 4-40 ft minnows leaches and frogs. Jig lindy slip bobber.

YEP! I like to but them on a black and white daredevil. but they work OK on a jig.

Interesting!

Will frogs work all year? Or are they early season like the rainbows?

I suppose you have to catch your own or do bait shops have any?

I wondered about the crayfish on a jig for walleye? Last June, most fish we caught were spitting up crayfish.

I am only kidding.. Never tryed them but I know they work well in some rivers... Heard a million of them on moose island mid day a week and a half ago or so, was thinking about grabbing a few and trying them. Leaches and plastics for me right now

Casey, do you know when your crawlers will be available?

I should know something tomorrow.. hoping to order for next week but I don't know when they have a truck coming.

Boy some sunshine would go a long ways...

Fishing has been decent smile that's all I've got. My shoulders are getting sore and were barely into June.

Fish where you find the most boats.. they are catching something.

Should have worms Monday? I need to follow up tomorrow.. no clue why I ordered them when the water is still sub 60... I need some more leeches myself.

I would like a flat of crawlers when available Casey.

Thanks in advance.

MarkB smile

I will have worms Thursday! Been ripping the fish. Caught around 25 this afternoon.. 4 dandy keepers and all the rest were in the slot. Both of my people caught their personal best today around 24s

My wife and I have never had a day with that many slot fish! I bet your clients were pleased whistle! I need the crawlers as soon as you get them so please give me a call. Oh yeah and one more thing, could you install one of those twirly construction lights on your boat? smirk It would make it easier to spot laugh.

Good Fishing,

MarkB smile