Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
fischer69

Sartell area/papermill?

fischer69

Has anyone been fishng below the dam by the paper mill lately? Curious to know how the fishing is & if the dam is open.

Rick G

Funny guy grin You should have just shot me a text wink. Dam is open, few carp,suckers and a cat or two in the normal places if your lucky. I got a hot tip last night on some cat's a bit further down river if your intrested wink btw it's not lunch time yet, GET TO WORK!

fischer69

Funny guy grin You should have just shot me a text wink. Dam is open, few carp,suckers and a cat or two in the normal places if your lucky. I got a hot tip last night on some cat's a bit further down river if your intrested wink btw it's not lunch time yet, GET TO WORK!

Everyone thinks they're a comedian! grinI was going to shoot you a text as well, just hadn't got to it yet. And for your info, we was taking a break. sleep I think I'm taking the wife down to the river early Mothers day morn, expect a text or call soon!

Stick in Mud

Yup, the dam is open, and the water is high. Should be good for some rough fish.

ASMOLEY

Any recent reports above or below?

Haven't attempted to get out myself with the high fast water. It was almost getting back to my comfort flow and now all this rain again cry

Rick G

Look for anything that will break the current and you will find some fish. They have been going pretty good since the water temp hit the upper 60s Water is rising as I type this frown. makes boat control intresting wink Saw lots of new dead heads the couple day's last week when the water was down, have to tie milk jug's to them if it ever goes back down again .All I can say is if you go out be carefull, use common sence and if it doesn't feel safe it probably isn't 2c

Stick in Mud

I know the bite down there was pretty good...but that was before the high water. I'm sure you'll still find fish if you find current breaks, and if it's high enough that the shoreline timber/brush is flooded, you can find some nice fish in that stuff, too.

Rick G

It's moving crazy fast again eek. Water is back to a nice dark brown again too. Weather your in a boat or on shore the high water makes it kinda tough to fish right now frown

bassNspear

going out again tonight...ill post report tommorrow on how things are going

Rick G

Hope you did better than I did grin. Was on a different section and didn't fare so well this evening.

bassNspear

i didnt do well either. Only caught 2 fish. rained hard for a bit, so we got off. only fished from 6-8

eyeguy 54

what ya after?

Rick G

I was after smallies. Bite has been on fire up and down the river the last few weeks.

Yesterday was just one of those days where nothing went right for me. I will be back after them tomorrow and Sun.

eyeguy 54

I've been wading a little. Doing fine with tubes, mepps and stickbaits.

Stick in Mud

Finally got out for a bit of wading in the area. Smallmouth are biting quite well. I'll start heading out more regularly looking for the fall walleye bite in a few weeks. Until then, just those pesky brown bass will have to dol smile

Rick G
Until then, just those pesky brown bass will have to dol smile
grin they do fill the void quite well

Stick in Mud

Yes, yes they do...as does the muskie I invariably hook while wading around at night trying to catch a walleye. Rough fish, I tell you!

I must say that I like this cold front, though. Those water temps should start going down now. smile

JeremyCampbell

My 4 yr old girl and I walked along sartell Mississippi today.I took her under a couple of bridges,walked along the shores for a long time.We picked up some neat looking stones along the way.It was a good day to take her out.

JeremyCampbell

Walked around the damm and they opened most of it up .Very cool to see how much the water is moving out of there today.Above the damm is almost all open near de zur...place.

Stick in Mud

I was down there today, too. With that big spillway open, the ice above the dam will be gone in no time.

I even had a fishing rod and some nightcrawlers with. Didn't catch a thing except a few sticks, four or five leaves, and a rock or three.

eyeguy 54

I might have to chase a cat today.

JeremyCampbell

Man,It's really moving over there.I wouldn't even know how much weight to put on for all that current or I guess I could bobber it with some weight on it

Rick G

No roll or bank sinkers, start with 1oz and go from there. Couldn't imagine it would take more than 2-3oz to keep the bait on bottom .

Stick in Mud

I've seen guys (maybe someone from this site?) anchored out in all that foamy current this time of year. They were whackin' the kitties. I don't know if I'd have the seeds to sit out there--especially with the gigantic trees churning around down there--but the fish might be there.

JeremyCampbell

Hey,got some word that the dock in sartell by DG will be in the water in the next couple of days.Weekends can be busy over there .I usually go during the week,less line crossing